II.

SIMONE E.

AUGUST 10TH

📍 EVANS DORM, ROOM 119

"Hey, I'm running out for the night

"Hey, I'm running out for the night. See you tomorrow?" Gia said as she grabbed her car keys.

I looked down from my bed, and saw she was wearing grey biker shorts and an old Lil Yachty shirt. Her hair was in two ponytails, and she was holding a tote bag full of shower stuff.

"You finna go get fucked, aren't you?" I smile, and she shrugs while giving me a grin.

"Mama gotta have a life, too." She blew me a kiss, and I wave by as she walked out the door.

Two days in, and her and Christian already at it. None of my business, I have her location just in case. I go back to watching Gilmore Girls on my laptop. But damn, I was bored as hell. There wasn't shit to do today, it was Tuesday. And nothing really goes down on Tuesday nights, classes haven't even started yet.

"Fuck it, might as well go to the cafe." I groan, rolling over and jumping out of bed.

I switch out of my plaid pajama shorts and put on a pair of black adidas leggings. The cafe didn't even have good food for real, I just went down there to people watch and be nosy.

I slip on my yellow crocs and go over to the main building. No one was really outside either, except people still moving in. When I got to the cafe, there wasn't a lot of people, but it was enough to be nosy. I grabbed a tray and put a slice of pizza and a bowl of fruit on it.

I ate by myself and scrolled on my phone, bouncing between Facebook and TikTok the entire time.

"Hey girl, can we sit here with you?" A girl asked. I looked up from my phone and saw Lauryn. She was one of the ones that came to the quad with Roman and Elijah.

"Yeah, of course. How you like it so far?" I ask when she sat down.

She was wearing a white shirt tied in the corner and a green maxi skirt with colorful beads wrapped around her waist.

"It's cool, I have the most ass dorm in the world." She rolled her eyes, putting a fry in her mouth.

"No, they put you in Jameson?" I cover my mouth in shock, and she wipes a fake tear.

"In hell itself. But it's fine, Charity is my roommate this year so it'll be okay. How about you?"

I told her where I was staying, and she pouted. "No fair, everyone fun is in Evan's this year. I'm gonna pray I get it during my senior year." She crossed her fingers, and Elijah and Roman came over a few minutes later.