07

𝓐𝓵𝓸𝔂𝓼𝓲𝓪. 𝓜

FLORIN! WHAT'S A FANCY WAY TO SAY THREE DAYS? LIKE TRI-MOMENTOS? TWA FORTNIGHTS? TRIPLE TWENTY-FOUR...UH... THREE DAYS.

"Her Majesty's Right-Hand is afraid of her but loyal?"

"Well, Leo Blue Cheese isn't her Right-Hand. That's Jug-Eum. He's weird. Leone is just Katherine's favourite," Aloysia rambled on, twirling her hair around her finger. She was strung up by her foot on the ceiling of the Forsaken dorms. Leone had been all up in her face this morning after their small squabble yesterday. Aloysia thought she had done them a favour by badmouthing Her Horriblness, but apparently, that did not happen. So now she was practicing her endurance dangling from the ceiling.

Now here Aloysia was, talking about it all to the little treason gremlin hiding in the Forsaken barracks. She found some stuff about the guy in the day of chatting and living together. He doesn't want to be touched, especially after he learned Aloysia is in fact, not a man. He isn't from Europa. He got trapped here due to a variety of situations that brought him to be locked in the country.

Oh. And he isn't much of a fan of Forsakens. Cyrus isn't like "I hope all Forsakens blow up in a massive fire" but y'know. He gets weirded out when Aloysia does her thing.

"So..." Cyrus trailed, rolling onto his back on one of the spare metal beds. His hand was raised over his head. Black nail polish popped against his bruised knuckles. One of the reasons Aloysia trusted him so fast. Those knuckles made him like her. "Birthday party huh?"

"Yeah. Celebrate Queen Katherine Lorelei Vague's day of birth or whatever."

"Isn't it Katherine Vauge?"

"Eh, same thing." Aloysia dropped from the floor. Fixing her hair and regaining the flow of blood in her head, she focused her eyes on Cyrus. He was fiddling with the buttons on his stolen coat (Aloysia still had no clue where he had gotten it from). His eyes fumbled their way to meet Aloysia. "Something up?"

"Guess I'm just nervous. The castle is all on me right now. But back to the birthday conversation. Say do you think I could escape then?" he broke out of a stutter and his eyes lit up.

"Probably." She shrugged. "Just as long as you sneak the way you got in and out. Why? You managed to smuggle me and Florin cookies?"

"Well," he trailed, putting a hand through his poofy hair. "That was barely a snag. Some girl with raccoon eyes gave them to me right out of the gates. Said they were for the two of you. It helped that security wasn't as tight as it is now."

Rosella brought her and Florin cookies? She just gave the first guy she saw in a guard uniform cookies?!

"Oh. Boo." Aloysia twisted her head to the side as she stretched on the ground. "You're leaving for good in like three days then?"

"I guess," he made out a laugh.

CLICK CLICK CLICK

Are you kidding me? What in the Deja vu is this?!

Cyrus didn't need a warning this time. Running to the window and popping into a bush for a good fifteen minutes.

"Ms. Malinowski?"

Aloysia swore to whatever god, pantheon or non-existence above if she heard her being called by her last name one more time she would let the whole might of strings on them and they would not live.

"Yes?" Aloysia struggled out, turning around to spot the intruder. Some girl guard she saw a bunch of times during training. "What do you want Chújú?"