03: the truth told by her

Songs for this chapter: Thinkin Bout You by Frank Ocean & Fade Into You by Mazzy Star

Paige parted after the quick peck. Our eyes locked, the way her blue eyes looked at me was making me go feral. I put my hands around her neck, connecting our lips again for an actual kiss this time.

She instinctively put one of her hands on the side of my waist and the other on my lower back, bringing us closer as she controlled the kiss.

I felt a sudden vibration above my leg, it was coming from Paige's phone. Much to my dissatisfaction, she pulled away from the kiss.

She pulled out her phone, "It's KK." She read as she answered the phone.

"Okay let's meet up by the car." Paige said after a couple of seconds.

"We're leaving? What time is it?" I asked, it felt like we had just came here.

"It's 1:33 AM, we're leaving." Paige explained as she tugged at my hand and began walking.

By the time we reached the car, the girls were already airing for us by the car. As soon as they saw me they smirked.

"I see that bold lipstick of yours is all messed up." Nat said as she pointed at her own mouth.

"Damn, it's for real smudged real bad." KK added, earning a laugh from Ice.

"Seems like you answered your boyfriend, after all." Nat said.

"Let's go it's already late as hell." Paige sternly said, she wasn't having any of their teasing.

As we drew back to the dorms, I stared out the window, the wind blowing in my face with Thinkin Bout You by Frank Ocean playing in the background."I don't like you I just thought you were cute that's why I kissed you"

Those lyrics were hitting a little too hard right now.

Paige kissed me. I kissed Paige.

The wiser part of me was telling me to forget about the kiss, she did it in the heat of the moment. Maybe kisses didn't mean that much to her.

The car came to a sudden stop in front of our dorm building. Nat and I thanked Paige, I was avoiding eye contact with her. We said bye to the girls and walked in our building.

After a quick shower, I jumped in my bed and put my AirPods on and started listening to music as the events of the night began replaying in my head.

I put my fingers on my lips, the kiss felt surreal. So surreal that it had wiped away the bitter taste of what Andrew had done. Not telling anyone about it felt very odd but on the other hand, Nat had no clue that there was even a possibility of me being into girls. Before I knew it, my eyes shut and I drifted to sleep.

.·:*¨¨* ≈☆≈ *¨¨*:·.

I was suddenly woken up by my alarm violently ringing. Today was Saturday but I didn't like to sleep in and waste my weekends, so I tried to get up early.

I opened my eyes with much distaste and shut the alarm. I checked my phone for notifications and saw I had two instagram follow requests from KK and Ice. I accepted their requests and made sure to follow them.

I looked to my side and saw Nat dead asleep on her bed, as expected. It was very early, 7am to. be exact, about 2 hours earlier than the time I got out of bed on the weekends yet I still decided to get up and go on a walk to clear my head.

I got up to wash my face and do some skincare, followed by mascara and concealer to hide my lack of sleep. I doubted many would be up at this time on a Saturday morning but I did makeup for myself so it didn't matter to me.

I quickly changed into some leggings and a baggy shirt. I left after grabbing my keys and putting my AirPods on. As I was walking around campus I spotted a certain blonde walking out the Gampel Pavilion. I immediately stopped in my tracks and looked at her, it was easy to tell she had just got done practicing. I quickly turned around, desperate to avoid her.

Out of nowhere, I received a notification from Paige.

"Turn around." the message read, making my heart beat.

I turned around, she was walking towards me as she kept her gaze on me. I had no clue what to do.

"Hi Pai-" I began saying but got caught off by Paige.

"Hi, I apologize for last night, we can pretend like it never happened." she calmly said. "Bye Zeynep." she added as she turned around and walked away as if nothing had happened.

I stood there in shock for a few seconds before turning back around and walking to my dorm. I had no clue what I had expected, but it certainly wasn't this.

I guess she did kiss me just because of the heat of the moment.

.·:*¨¨* ≈☆≈ *¨¨*:·.

Third Person POV

By the time Zeynep returned to the dorm Nat was unexpectedly awake. She hated expressing her emotions but Nat was her best friend and she could read almost every single thought she had with just one glance.

"What's wrong?" Nat asked as she got up from her bed and walked towards the girl.

Zeynep knew she couldn't hold it back anymore, so she told her best friend everything that had happened with Paige.

"I could tell something was up between you two, that's why I pushed about the whole Andrew thing. I wanted to help you to see if she reacted in any way." Nat explained to her friend as she went in to hug her.

Natalia knew her better than everyone else, she knew her best friend's insecurities, her childhood, her family issues, all of it. She also knew that while Zeynep didn't have a huge social circle, the people she felt a connection were important to her. Even if they had just met.

So instead of thinking she was being dramatic, she understood her. Nat knew how easy it was for her best friend to get attached to people she felt close with regardless of how long ago they had met.

After laying in her bed while listening to music for some time, the girl decided it was time to get over it. She got up from her bed and decided to deep clean the dorm.

"If I keep myself occupied, I will forget about it." she thought to herself.

But she didn't know what would come next...