6-10

Chapter 6

Xu Jiachuan turned at the intersection and walked home with the dried sweet potatoes in his pocket.

When he got home, his mother Wang Yin'e was sitting at the table sewing shoes. She saw Xu Jiachuan coming back, put down her needlework, and waved to Xu Jiachuan, "Come and sit down."

Xu Jiachuan walked over and sat opposite Wang Yin'e. He opened a thread-bound book of "Fortress Besieged" on the table, turned to the folded page before, and read it carefully.

Wang Yin'e looked at her son in front of her helplessly. He seemed to be always busy and was devoted to work. She wanted him to pay more attention to life, so she asked him to go to the vegetable market today to buy vegetables. Unexpectedly, after buying vegetables, he was worried that the machine in the factory was not turned off properly, so he ran to the factory again.

She finally came back, and she thought she had time to chat with him, but he picked up the book to read again.

Wang Yin'e sighed and said, "You are not young anymore."

As soon as Wang Yin'e said this, Xu Jiachuan guessed what she was going to say. Sure enough, Wang Yin'e continued, "Many people my age have become grandmothers. Can you also fight for your dignity and let me hold my grandson sooner?"

Xu Jiachuan almost buried his head in the book to avoid Wang Yin'e's questions.

Wang Yin'e resumed her needlework and pretended to be natural, saying, "A few days ago, Aunt Zhao came to me and told me about a girl who was pretty, had a college education, and whose parents were both working. She was also a nice person. Do you think you can meet her when you have time?"

"No time." Xu Jiachuan said without thinking, "The factory has been very busy recently. It's the peak production season now. I don't have time to date."

Wang Yin'e put down her needlework and glared at the person in front of her. "You are busy, you are busy. Which day of the year are you not busy? Is there any conflict between production and blind dates? How much time can you spend on dating? ? "

Xu Jiachuan closed the book in his hand and looked at Wang Yin'e, "Why don't you spend time on dating? I don't have the spare energy to date now. If I date someone and still focus on work like now, wouldn't that be irresponsible to the girl?"

Wang Yin'e was so angry that she slapped Xu Jiachuan's arm, "You reasoned with the workers in the factory, and you still reasoned with me when you went home. You have a lot of crooked reasons!"

Wang Yin'e saw that Xu Jiachuan looked unhappy, so she didn't say anything else. Anyway, she would take Xu Jiachuan to go when Aunt Zhao's letter came back and set a date for the blind date. No matter what, Xu Jiachuan must have a blind date this year.

Wang Yin'e stopped talking to Xu Jiachuan. She picked up the sole and started to thread the needle.

Xu Jiachuan secretly looked at her face and remembered that he had a bag of dried sweet potatoes in his pocket. He took out the dried sweet potatoes from his pocket and handed them to Wang Yin'e.

Wang Yin'e looked up and didn't ask him where he got them from. She guessed that he met a worker in a factory on the way back and the worker in the factory gave them to him.

Xu Jiachuan was kind to the workers in the factory, and the workers were also kind to him. Many workers in the factory saw that Xu Jiachuan was still alone, and they also rushed to introduce him to a partner.

But Xu Jiachuan, a stubborn person, just refused to go on a blind date and sent them away one by one, which made Wang Yin'e very angry. If Xu Jiachuan was willing to go on a blind date, I'm afraid she would have a grandson now.