Paige Bueckers - loss

y/ns pov

i was in the audience watching Paige i was wearing her jersey and i could tell by the score they were gonna end up losing. when UConn lost i immediately got down from the bleachers to go find Paige cause i knew she was gonna be pretty upset. i saw her giving all the Iowa players high-fives and i could tell she was trying to not to break down. i went up to her and i immediately hugged her and i could tell she was crying and i just stood there and rubbed her back till she was called for post game interviews. i knew how close she was with everyone on the team and how hard she's been working and i felt like crying to i wanted to stay strong for her.

 when Paige was done she went to the locker room to change and the team went on the bus back to the hotel Paige leaned her head on my shoulder and i said

" baby I'm so proud of you , you played so hard and you did your best."

" thanks I'm so glad you were here love."

we got back to the hotel and Geno talked to the team. i could tell Paige was still having a hard time. so i hugged her from behind and i could see her smile a bit. 

i gave Nika and Azzi hugs too.

 Paige and i went back up to the hotel room and she took a shower while i waited for her. i knew she was extremely tired so when she got out of the shower she crawled into my arms and i just hugged her and played with her hair until eventually she fell asleep. 

the next morning we woke up and had to get on a plane back to Connecticut  and Paige was pretty down i made sure to tell her how much i loved her the whole time which seemed to help a little bit. 

authors note my first story on this book also i was rotting for UConn so i was really devastated when the lost