XVIII.

"Vaishnavi." Shubman called out Vaishnavi who was setting the cupboard. She hummed questioningly, not looking at him. "Sit, please. We need to talk." Shubman said.

"Just a minute, Shubman." Vaishnavi said, still focused on setting the cupboard. Shubman waited patiently for Vaishnavi. He tossed his phone, played with it by the time Vaishnavi was busy. Once she was done, she dusted her hands, removed her slippers and sat on the bed.

"Say." She asked softly.

"Khush ho?" He asked making her frown.

"Kyu nahi?"

"Na bas ese hi." He shrugged making her confused. "I'm sorry for Shirat's behaviour." Shubman apologized. As Vaishnavi opened her mouth to speak something, Shubman immediately cut her off. "No, let me continue please." She nodded, not averting her gaze from him.

"I'm sorry for Shirat's behaviour. It's not even 12 hours to our marriage and this shit happened. And in the future also, this will continue. I promise, nobody from our family will ever point their fingers on you. But, public and media can't be made shut. They'll record shits, speak shits and spread shits. All I know is, I'll try to keep them away from you, from our growing relationship. I'll protect you, our relationship and our future. There is nothing I can stop, but, I'll try every possible way to keep you safe, Vaishnavi." He said softly yet genuinely. "m hawa m baat nhi karta hu. I speak whatever I can do."

"I trust you, Shubman." She said making him smile widely. "And don't worry. I won't let the hatred affect me, okay?" He nodded at her smiling.

"Wese, your instagram account is private." He said.

"So, you want me to make it public?" She asked.

"Na na. I mean, that's your wish." He answered immediately.

"What's the big deal in it, Shubman? Abhi karleti hu." She chuckled opening her account and changing her settings from private account to public one. "It's done." She said after she made it public.

"You wanted to post something. Do it." She nodded at him.

"Which one to post?" She pouted.

"Start with your solo picture." He suggested to which she nodded.

vaishnavisalian