𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐝𝐮𝐞 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞, 𝟐𝟓

THE CHAIR IN THE INFIRMARY was the chair you had been sitting on for almost two days now

THE CHAIR IN THE INFIRMARY was the chair you had been sitting on for almost two days now. it was noon, masky was conscious within a day as jeff left not long before the proxy did.

lazari was awake though she refused to leave her bed or stripes' side, her older sister was still asleep, regenerating her strength after being worn out from the beatings her father would endure. the pink haired demon seemed to be more aware of what she was doing, the simplest bump her hand would make against the bed made her flinch, just as if she was afraid of making a false notion or a mistake.

PTSD you would assume.

LJ was yet to awake, the clown didn't seem to have much rest even in his unconscious state. his brows furrowed, claws scratching the infirmary mattress, the lack of peace made you bang your head on the wall behind you much more harder than intended.

your arms were crossed, the bandage on your left wing irritating you by the second. dark circles appeared under your eyes, something that usually doesn't happen even when you purposely skipped sleep for weeks on end. you could only guess that this was due to the energy you used to help the others heal, the active transfusion draining the vitality out of you like a leach out for blood.

"don't do that now." the voice besides you sighed, his arms were also crossed. his tone was stern and friendly in a way, eyes closed.

you relished a breath through your nose, not responding to lui. he waited for his brother's daily checkups, nurse ann would make sure that the stitches wouldn't snap and change the bandages every twice a day. god knows how much jeff is a reckless idiot, deeming the precautions necessary and reasonable.

"you should rest." lui once again spoke up, this alone made you snap your eyes open, an unknown look on your face. it was as if you were offended, you stared ahead, not bothering to look to the side where the brunette resided.

"i'll rest when fate comes around." you replied, monotonous.. an octave lower even. if lui didn't know any better, he would've assumed your giving him the salty attitude with the way you were speaking to him. in the end, he knows your tired and exhausted.

"your tired, rest." he said in a rather more strict manner, opening his eyes as he glanced at you from the side, his green eyes shimmering under the light, making them glimmer like emeralds. he attempted to coax, hoping you wouldn't elude his advice, alas, you replied with a shake of your head.

"this is the least i can do for LJ." you added, fiddling with a dark feather you had plucked from your wing. you noticed how the black faded more towards the joint of your wings, they looked nice, but by the heavens it was concerning. this certainly wasn't due to you dragging your feathers around.