S2-Ep. 5.8 (R) - Are You Serious?

Previously on "The Otherworlders": Sebastian takes Cameron and Jake up to his expansive, industrial-chic bedroom, leaving them both awestruck. But the awe is disrupted by the energetic entrance of Mateo, Sebastian's little brother, and the arrival of Astrid, Sebastian's younger half-sister, who takes a keen interest in Cameron and Greta, his other, even younger half-sister, who is fascinated by Jake. 

Sebastian struggles to manage these familial interruptions and get back to prepping Cameron and Jake for their mission at the Vampyric Prince Julian's engagement party.

Also, now that Farid and Patrick are closer after having been on a mission together, news of activities about The Shifter Resistance and a threat to Stephen, Patrick's boyfriend, concerns them both.

*********

Sir Geoffrey sits at his desk, shuffling through a sheaf of papers he has to sign. He barely looks up as Sebastian slips into his office. With a curt nod of his head, he says. "Sit Down."

Sebastian takes a seat.

Sir Geoffrey finishes glancing through the last of his papers, then he places them aside. Leaning back in his chair, he laces his fingers together, and looks intently at his son.

Sebastian squirms underneath his father's gaze.

Then without preamble, Sir Geoffrey says, "Your mother and I are going to the party with you."

"Wait, what?!" Sebastian looks at his father, shocked.

Sir Geoffrey's eyebrows crease with irritation. "What do you mean, 'what,'?"

"I'm sorry, sir," Sebastian replies humbly. "I mean... well, I figured you'd be attending, but I didn't think we'd all be going together."

Sir Geoffrey's lips purse as he idly straightens various items on his desk, none of which need straightening. "Yes, well, we are. Your mother wants us to make an entrance... as a family."

Sebastian leans forward in his chair, his arms resting on his thighs. "But, Father, you do realize I'm not going there to socialize, right? I actually have a mission to accomplish."

Sir Geoffrey's eyes flick up to catch his son's gaze. "I'm well aware of that, Sebastian. "And we won't interfere with your... " He makes a vague gesture with his hand. "...assignment, or whatever. But you also have an obligation as a First Son of this family. And if your mother wants to make a grand entrance to this silly fête, then that is what we'll do. All of her relatives will be there, so this is very important to her."

Sebastian slumps back into his seat and sighs.

Uncomfortable with the awkwardness hanging between them, Sir Geoffrey begins to shuffle the papers on his desk again. After a beat and without looking up at his son, he asks, "And how is your training going?"

Sebastian, still pouting, replies, "It's going fine."

"And your compatriots? How are they performing?" Sir Geoffrey asks, suppressing just how keen he is in the answer.

Sebastian peers at his father acutely, remembering Farid's warning to him before he left about their father asking Farid to spy for him. "They're fine," he says slowly.

"These boys that you've brought with you," Sir Geoffrey inquires, tapping his desk as a distraction. "Tell me about them."

Sebastian angles his head and proceeds cautiously with his reply. He can play this game too if he has to.

"Well, one is a Mage, and the other is a Wolf Shifter. I suppose they're pretty good guys... all things considered."

"And what about their skills? What are they good at?" Sir Geoffrey persists.