18

jack parks the car and we both get out. we are standing in his driveway, "thanks for lunch." i smile at him. "anything for you, baby." he kisses my lips and wraps his arms around my waist.

i slid my hands into his hair slightly tugging at it. we both pull away, "bye baby, i'll see you around." he says. i say bye back and open the door to my house.

i stroll past the living room and see scarlet. she looks up and we lock eyes. "I NEED TO TALK TO YOU!" we both scream. i run to the couch and sit criss-crossed next to her.

"you first." i say. "okay, what was that on your story?" she asks. i grin, "well earlier i was taking a nap, then jack came into my room and woke me up," she nods, "he hands me a get well basket and of course i read the card first, in it said that he was going to say something."

i take a deep breath, "so i looked up at him, and he asked me to be his girlfriend. of course i said yes to that. then he asked me to go to chipotle with him and i said yes. when we were driving back from chipotle, he was holding my hand and playing with my rings, so i took a pic and posted it on my story."

"i'm happy for you avery. i know landon fucked you up." i smiled, "thanks, but now your turn to explain."

she sighed, "okay so, quinn texted me to ask to get lunch with him and we went to buffalo wild wings." her cheeks were turning pink, "as we were getting out, quinn pulled out a bouquet of flowers and asked me to be his girlfriend. i obviously said yes and then we ate inside."

i pulled her into a big hug and we fell over on the couch. "WE ARE TAKEN BY TWO BROTHERS OH MY GOD!" i cheered. suddenly i had an idea.

"we need to celebrate, just us." i grinned, "oh my, yes we have to!" we both sat back up.

"lets go out to a club tomorrow." she frowned, "why not tonight? it would work so much better since it happened today." i rolled my eyes, "i would but i'm picking up madeline from the airport."

scarlet smiled, "wait maddie is coming? YAY!" she squealed. "yeah she is, i'm really excited for her to arrive."

i got up and said i was going to go upstairs, so i traveled upstairs. i slid off my sweats and spandex and changed into some pj shorts so i was comfier.

i flopped onto my bed and opened tiktok. some fan pages of me that i follow back have messaged me. i click our chats and see them spamming edits.

some of me, but mostly of jack. i smile to myself, thinking how long they have been doing this. i scroll up and see them going to a week prior to today.

i was shocked. how did they know about me and jack so early on. i never thought i would do this, but i end up watching some of the edits.

when i say some, i mean all. after i finished watching all of them it was time to leave and pick up maddie. i smile and hop out of bed. i slide on my birkenstocks that i took off.

i run outside and to my car which i start immediately. i drive to the airport, excited to see my best friend in the whole world.

—————

i get to the airport after 35 minutes of driving and park my car. i walk inside the airport and wait outside of her gate.