Chapter 2 : First Contact, First Slugfest

"[Half a cycle... It has been half a solar cycle since the operation have began of the subjugation of the Alien species. The operation is going as smoothly as you have declared my Lord. The humans were not much of a challenge of our subjugation fleet, it's almost as if there was no resistance to begin with, with how easy it was! We are finally approaching the home planet of the humans. We will be going to finish this operation once and for all in under a month! It won't be long until we would begin the construction of a Gate to allow colonisation to begin.

That's all we have to report my Lord. For the Religiosa!]"

'Atleast that's what the report said...'

The Admiral grumbled in his seat, grabbing a long plastic like bag full of water. He then drink it at the end as he squeezed it by his mandibles to take a good drink of the warm liquid. His claws on the other hand, are chopping of what it looks like to be raw meat on the table. He didn't do it sloppily either, as it was cut with finesse as the juices and what seems to be blood excreting out as the sharp claw apply tension to the tender meat.

Munch. Munch. Munch.

'Delicious.' He thought to himself.

The Admiral is currently within his quarters. It is a large circular room, that is being oriented vertically and rotates around it's point of axis slowly. With the entrance at the centre point of the circle, it allows them to just crawl into which part of the room easily. That also meant that it has furniture all over the place as well, however, this isn't where his sleeping quarters are, as this is more so an Shipmaster's lounge if anything because of how it was presented. Especially with all the luxurious details scattered all over the room, plus the additions of the awards and trophies the Justice High has received in it's service life. One could say that it is a waste of material for a warship. Of which one of those thinkers, is the Admiral.

However, he cannot deny the luxury as it makes his life and the crew much bearable. Especially in a unknown part of space where no maps are present, no points of interest where navigation is easier, and especially no allies in sight to aid them. Not even their subjugated species of the previous 7th Worlders, whom have vast knowledge of the stars before their subjugation in the close by star system, has no inkling of the human's part of space. Then again, the rebellion would have happened a long time ago if that were the case. At worst, a full scale resource rush would happen to the other opportunist in or out of their Confederation.

As he thought of that, a shadow then loom over the large circular window of the Shipmaster's lounge. There on the outside, just about 100 or so megaclaws away from the Justice High, and just below one of the Line 2 ships. "Kolkana X", like the Line 1 Justice High, it has a form similar to a Religiosa's claws, in which was intentional to easily recognised the might of the Religiosa's shipping prowess. Especially how it has a pincer like look to it, with a illusion of a pair of a larger and smaller claw clasping the front of the ship. It is over 1200 claws long, or just 1.2 megaclaws. It is only 2.8 megaclaws short of Justice High. Not as powerful as the Justice High, but definitely a capable vessels of the new Line Types constructed.

As he admired the sight of the beautifully ordained vessel, as once again, as he hates to admit it, the scratchers really did make a fine job on making the vessels beautiful like the traditions of the old ships prior to the Space Age of the Religiosa. However, that's not where he was focusing. In which his thought earlier of the operation came to mind as he stare at the structure below the Kolkana X, about 3 or 4 megaclaws away from it.

There lies, a dead husk of a human ship. It's dead innards scattering all over the space, without even a spark of life.

As much as the Admiral likes to claim the smoothness of the operation like the rest of his kin in the fleet, he is more so skeptical of how the operation is going as more time passes by. Because as much he was wanting the operation to be a easy win for them half a cycle ago, now, it is rather... Getting too easy. Not as in like those classical stories on the stage, like "Bane Blade", when the main character suddenly goes stronger to defeat the Source of Evil of Religiosa. As much as he love those as a child, it is a different story in the present, or even similar operations of subjugating a planet.