Chapter 11

"So what are we going to do?"

    "Dr please do something quickly. His temperature is shooting up" Julie said nervously, the doctor informed "see his symptoms are getting stronger, his recovery phase is going to be very challenging, there would be severe mood swings, hallucinations, raging hormones, mental confusion, speech difficulties, nausea, meltdowns and it varies with every body condition". "Dr. Please cure him completely we shall pay you more than you ask for" pleaded Smith. The doctor said "it is not about the money but treating him outside a hospital set up is my biggest concern"

    Mr Smith said sternly "Dr you need not worry, we will take care of that. Now we shall take Mr Kingston to his house and treat him there. All necessary arrangements will be made. Liam, accompany the doctor to the hospital, let him bring the required stuffs, I will handle the rest."

     Henry started coughing, Julie took a towel, just in case if he needs. The moment she had gone near him, he puked. She held the towel close to his mouth instantly. Ben and Smith stood bolted in their spot in shock, Julie turned towards them and said impatiently "come on help him to the washroom, I don't think he can walk straight" both of them realised, took Henry's shoulder and reached the washroom. Julie placed a bar stool near the washroom countertop and they made him sit on it, " Mr. Smith, please take his jacket off and open few buttons on his shirt he may feel stuffed" Henry did not throw up anymore, but the nausea continued for a minute.

     Julie soaked the towel and wiped his face and neck. He shoved her hand and pushed her away roughly. She hit the wall with the light thud. Everyone was stunned at his sudden reaction and her collision but Julie recovered quickly and casually said "okay!okay! you don't like the wet towel, Mr Kingston? Let's drop it, will you please rinse your mouth?" Her voice became gentler than before with him. He did not respond, so she tried again in soft voice more like a whisper, careful not to provoke him in any way "Mr Kingston please?" She bent down to his face level. He opened his drowsy eyes and saw her face close to him, he held her face with a smile, "you look gorgeousss up close and you know your perfume is provoking me" she jerked away from his hold and looked at the Doctor who was standing at the door observing every thing. He mouthed "relax" Julie's face flustered at Henry's comment, wish the butterflies in her stomach stop fluttering.

     She took a deep breath and fetched some water in her palm and brought it near his mouth, he obeyed her without a word. Then they took him to the bed, he was fast asleep in two minutes.

     The doctor explained "you can see his symptoms getting evident, he is not in his right mind, so matured handling is must" he glanced at Julie,"This is what I have warned earlier about the recovery, being a big challenge. Raging hormones like lust, anger,excitement that will lead him to emotional instability. Let's not waste time anymore, shift him soon. I will reach his place as quickly as possible.

     They took Henry through the back exit to avoid prying eyes. Smith kept talking on this phone for all the required set up.

     Once they reached his Penthouse, they found the patient bed connected to monitors, a nurse on standby. Henry was shifted to the bed. The nurse started his IV as the doctor kept giving instructions through phone while he was on his way. The doctor brought the kits for collecting blood and urine samples. Within an hour, he finished all the tests on Henry and sent them for analysis.

     The doctor advised to give him fluids frequently though he is on IV, he should stay energetic and also flushing out the toxins was so important. Julie looked around for kitchen and a person with apron stood beside a counter, so she came to him and asked politely, looking at his name tag, "Mr Steve,Can I make some orange juice for Mr Kingston?" "Don't bother Miss, I would bring freshly squeezed orange juice for him."

     Julie gave the juice to the nurse and came downstairs. Smith was talking to Ben about the difficulties of handling the office without Henry until he recovers. Ben asked, "how long do you think we can keep this from senior Kingston?" Both the men shuddered at the thought of him. They all heard a sudden, shattering noise and commotion from upstairs. When they rushed up, Henry was choking the nurse and screamed "are you trying to poison me?" The doctor and his assistants were pulling his hands off but he was stronger. His IV wires were pulled off, the room was a mess. "HENRY" yelled Mr Smith, he released the nurse and turned back "please calm down when we're here, no one is going to trouble you" He came back to his senses and relaxed.

     Julie slowly walked near him and talked in a tender voice, "shall we go sit there?" Pointing to the couch. She gently held his hand and walked with him. She motioned to get two glasses of juice to Ben. She caressed his hand and drawn circles below his thumb fingers to soothe him.

     When Steve brought the juice she placed the jar in front of him. She poured a glass of juice and started sipping, "thank you, Mr. Steve, the juice tastes amazing", "my pleasure, Miss" smiled Steve.

     Julie turned around and asked, " Mr. Smith, would you like to have some?" He replied "of course, if Mr Kingston joins us" Julie glanced at Henry for a response. He gave a curt nod. She gave a glass to both of them.

     There was a complete silence in the room till he finished his drink. "Mr Kingston, you must rest for a quick recovery, said the doctor. "What's wrong with my health?" He questioned. "You have fainted in the hotel room, so we have taken some tests to diagnose the cause, until then stay back, hydrate, eat healthy and rest well Mr Kingston. I assume it must be some kind of food poisoning that caused the sensitivity and temperament issues. Let me get you medicines for stabilising you sleep."

     Henry laid and his IV has been connected back. With a mild sedation dose, Henry slept.

     Suddenly, his phone started ringing, Julie ran quickly to put off the volume, so that Henry is not disturbed. Unfortunately, Julie did not know that he has turned on "answer calls with the volume button" the call got connected. When the display light turned on, Julie looked at the name on the display and froze on the spot with a horrified expression.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Who do you think it was on the phone? Any guesses?
*Did you like the story? Leave a message & vote.

Spread Love,
SaphyLaw