Meet Up

Rue was dead.

Careers were pissed.

She killed Marvel.

She got a sponsored gift from 11.

And now two victors could be crowned.

Today was not going easy on Katniss.

And Katniss was just a mess of emotions.

The newest declaration making her almost mad, carelessly stomping through the forest in search of the other 12, if they could both go home she would take the opportunity.

She never wanted to kill anyone, not even Percy, despite knowing she'd need to do it to get home... But now she didn't need to kill her... That is hoping she'll be up to trusting her in a way.

But all she succeeded in doing was almost being found by Cato and Clove as she hid in a bush, holding her breath as they passed before quickly leaving the area.

Giving up for the day, not stupid enough to scream in hope to be heard, she stopped and made a small fire, throwing a can of food into it to cook what was inside the unlabeled can that she took from Marvel.

Thinking of his name made her appetite vanish but she was still resolute to eat, knowing just how weak a starving person became, having known such a feeling herself.

When the fire burned up, she used the sleeves of her jacket to grab the can, waiting until she was able to hold and open it... Meat balls, well it is good.

She sat, staring into the cinders, wondering just what was going on with the other while quickly looking over the bow to make sure the string was still nice and taut or if the arrows were dulled.

A hand on her face... This day in shit.

She snapped awake at branches cracking near her, shit she fell asleep on the floor! How stupid of her!!

Quickly grabbing her bow and pulling an arrow back as she moved behind a bush, trying to convince herself it was a deer and she'd be shooting a deer and not a human, it made it easier to pull the arrow back, knowing this needed to be done to secure her survival.

But as familiar face made her drop the bow.

Percy didn't really had the time to do much more then the fling the sword she had held up hearing someone run at her down to not hurt Katniss as the girl came out of nowhere and threw herself at her, dropping the blade to shove her hand in her face to keep her at arms length.

"Nope!"

Honestly Katniss didn't mind she stopped her, it would have been so interesting, not knowing which part of the games are being televised.

"Ah, yeah." She said. "No touchy."

But backing up enough was a blood sight, literally, the blood covering her her hand over her side with patches of bandages made out of a jacket with bloody clothes.

"Hey I am not that ugly." Percy chuckled a little.

"Oh my." Katniss tilted her head as she looked around. "What the..."

"Ah, Cato." She simply said, reaching down for the blade and lifting it up. "I hurt him back but he got me good." A little step to the side to stand straighter caused too much weight on her hurt leg, buckling. "Oh shit!" 

Katniss luckily hadn't moved away from in front of her but she was headbutted in the shoulder before either could do anything.

"I am so sorry." She said, grabbing an elbow to help her stand.

"Don't, it is not like you were the one to hit me with your shoulder."

Those patches and just how cold her arms was didn't seem good at all, that altercation was a good few days ago if Rue had been correct.

"Look euh, we need to move out of the open."

"Yeah I get it."

"You can barely stand!" Katniss couldn't even let go of her arm before of the weight pushed into her hands.

"Do you really need to yell? I feel like shit, lets just move will you? There is a reason why I haven't thrown you for holding me."

Well, true, she was still alive while holding Percy for over a minute.

"Lets move little hunter before I drop from having walked so much."

"Oh right right."

-------------------------------------------

They had found a little cave Katniss could have swore was not there before but it seemed natural so she took the risk, sitting with her back against the wall was Percy slept with her back to her on her unhurt side.

She was quite worried as the peacechild didn't seem in shape at all, new and old blood on clothes, limping, just in pain, dirt and blood messing with her hair and staining her face, just a complete mess.

She still had a little of what Haymitch sent for her burn, not knowing if that would help but she'll give it to her when she wakes up, not wanting to disturb her now.

But now what?

There were still tributes around.

They were not out of the rough patch until only 12 remained.