18. A New Starting

Cold.

Soggy sphere.

Smells of dirt.

I felt like I would throw up at any moment when I opened my eyes as I was laying behind a big trash can full of dirt somewhere inside an alley. Luckily my full body was inside a big sack so the dirt couldn't ruin my dress. The two bulky men were nowhere to be seen, no one was there except a few street dogs and cats.

I slowly stood up from the dirt and looked around then made my way outside of the alley, on the busy street. I looked around and according to some posters and signboards I understood I was still in Italy.

I started walking aimlessly hoping that Nicolas would find it. The passers-by were throwing weird looks at me as if I was a beggar or something.

Nicolas.. I wondered if he got the news yet that I was missing.

I tried for about half an hour to ask someone where the Hotel Angelina was because I didn't know the address of Nicolas's house and the last thing I remembered was the name of his hotel. But everyone was ignoring me and throwing a disgusting look.

I let out a long trembling sigh and sat on a bench under an orange tree, mentally cursing at my pathetic life.

"Dio mio! Stai bene, caro? " Someone gasped.

I immediately looked up and saw a woman in her late thirties or early forties, wearing a concerned look on her face and looking down at me sympathetically.

"I don't speak Italian. Can you please tell me where the Hotel Angelina is?" I sobbed.

"Are you lost, dear? It's too cold outside and not safe." She frowned and sat beside me.

"Yes. Please tell me where the hotel is." I nodded and asked again.

"Umm.. actually there is no hotel named Angelina." She sighed as my eyes went wide at her reply.

What?! How could a ridiculously big, luxurious, expensive hotel suddenly vanish from the city?!

"Ah, m-maybe you're mistaken. There is a big e-expensive and luxurious hotel named 'Hotel Angelina' and the whole hotel is s-surrounded by dozens of robots like guards. A-And the owner of the hotel is very scary." I stuttered and waited for her answer.

"Honey, I've been living here for a long time and I know this town very well although it's not that big." She sighed again.

Wait. Town?

"Town? I was in Rome city, the capital."

"Now that makes sense. You're in Capaccio town now, hours away from Rome. But how did you even come here?" She gasped.

"What? Oh my God!" I cried out and clutched my hair tightly with my both hands.

"Relax, dear. Do you remember any family member's phone number so that I can call them." She squeezed my shoulder and gave me a reassuring smile.

"No. I-I don't." I sobbed, lowering my head.

"It's ok. Don't worry. I've a place where you can stay until we find a way." She smiled softly and helped me to stand up.

This whole thing made my brain puncture and I couldn't think further as I was stunned by the twist after twist of my own freaking life. At first, I was kidnapped and tortured by Nicolas then he forcefully brought me Italy, after kidnapping my parents and shooting uncle Jacob.

Now here I am, again kidnapped by two unknown perverts because Nicolas's two best useless guards failed to keep an eye on me and then those two unknown assholes threw me off on a pile of dirt somewhere in a town, far away from the city.