Skyler's POV

I sit in my new apartment, small but I've made it tolerable. Home. For now. My constant life of moving around the goddamn town and sometimes the country to stay out of reach of my dad. 

The moving around with him turned into moving as far away from him as possible. I remember the night before the last when my dad had sent me an early gift for Christmas, a bunch of goons to get me.

It hurts to think about him. 

I used to be a daddy's girl, always hanging around, watching him murder people brutally. He loved me, he loved me a lot. I had always been raised by him alone, and I didn't need anything else. I was content, even though my father was a mafia boss, I was happy, I had everything I wanted, everything I needed. I know he still loves me, he just doesn't know how to apologize.

Or know how to call someone gently, trying to make up with them, instead of force-dragging them to him. It was the only way he knew how to do things, by force. 

I try to forget about it, shrug it off.

I look outside my window, it is currently 5 AM. I never liked the city when it's full. It's the times when there's the least people out that are the best. The dust comes in, the breeze pushing it through my window. It is highlighted by the lamp kept on the sill, giving the air around me an ethereal quality.

Another topic strikes my brain, Joshua.

The man that had helped me fight off the bunch of goons my dad had sent to get me.

I was still surprised about his randomly originating strength and fighting skills.

The ultimate sleeper bod.

So, I decided to text him.

I turn on my phone just to see he's already typing. 

"Hey wsg"

I didn't really understand the point of communicating over text, when you could just meet in real life.

I sent him the location to my house.

Then, I go to sleep.

Joshua's POV

Why is she so fucking abrupt? It's almost as if she's doing me a favor to be meeting me, when she was gonna text me first. 

If I wasn't texting her already.

The mafia boss's daughter.

I'm friends with a mafia boss's daughter.

Oh well.

I try to remember why I'm up at 5:15 in the morning, all I can remember is the fight day-before-yesterday.

I had finally felt something in the part of my brain that I didn't know you could feel anything in.

The rush in my chest.

It felt amazing. The feeling people had described as what drugs felt like.

Shit, maybe the mafia minions had let some slip from their pockets.

But, it felt amazing. I wanted to feel it again.

I needed to feel it again.

I go over to the location Skyler has sent me.

I'm fucking done with her sending me locations, it's gonna be me next time.

I reach her apartment, a very grumpy taxi driver and a headache later.

I turn the doorknob, expecting to find it left open.

And it was.

Some mafia boss's daughter.