Chapter 9

"I'm sorry Mr Dante, I'm not trying to tell you whom to employ or anything, I'm simply looking out for you sir cause I know my stepdaughter Ayla and she is just a slut. She doesn't belong in this house sir, as a matter of fact, some other household has already paid for her services to work as a maid there, so she belongs there sir"

"No I don't think so. I employed her first immediately she lost her other job, and as you can see, she is already working for me, which means she belongs to me. You can give a refund to the household that paid for her services cause she is already mine" he said in a stern voice as his nostrils flared furiously. I sucked in a sharp breath as heat crept to my cheeks. Did he just say I belong to him?

He looked over at me and asked,
"Ayla do wish to go home with your stepmother or work here?"

"I choose to work here" I answered almost immediately and my stepmother glared at me. He turned over to her and smirked.

"I guess this case is settled then. You may leave now Mrs Juliet" he said to her coldly.

He walked over to me and grabbed my left hand. He took long strides inside while I followed behind him running a bit to catch up with him.

He stopped in front of the door to his room. I watched him turn the door knob then pushed the door open before stepping inside. He let go of my hands immediately. He stood in the middle of the room staring at me. I stared into his unshaken eyes and eventually narrowed my gaze and he cleared his throat a bit.

"I guess your stepmom won't be a problem anymore" he said searching my eyes for any emotion.

"Y-yes sir, thank you" I said quietly with my eyes down at the marble floor.
"You are to clean up my room right?" My eyes quickly came up to meet his, I felt like I owned all his attention as his intensed gaze was fully focused on me.
"Yes sir" I said softly
"Then get on with it, I'm off to work" he said and walked past me to open the door. As he was about leaving the room, I quickly called back his attention and he stopped in his tracks.

"Sir I have a question" I said quickly and he turned around.
"What is it?"
"H-how do you know my stepmother?"
"She is one of my business partners, I had no idea she had a stepdaughter as well" he replied as though he had a lot going on through his mind.
"You know her daughter as well?" I asked curiously.
"Well I know she has a daughter but I haven't met her...yet" he said and left abruptly. At this point I was still confused, what does he mean by yet, wait was he planning on meeting her soon, but for what reason, I thought to myself.

I don't know why I hated the thought of him meeting up with her. I sighed and decided to finish up my chores. I walked back to the long passage I was mopping earlier. I found out it was mopped already cause it was sparkling clean. I stood there confused wondering who could have done the mopping for me.

"Hey Ayla" I heard a soft voice from behind and I turned around to find the girl whose name I had forgotten. She had a small smile playing on her lips as she walked closer to me. I smiled akwardly still trying to recall her name. I didn't want to look like a fool and ask for her name again.

She clearly remembered mine, how could I forget her name, I thought to myself.
"Hey" I replied with a grin and walked awkwardly, she chuckled and waved back.

"I'm sorry about what happened earlier with your stepmom, but I must say, she is one strong woman" she said shaking her head and I giggled.
"Yeah I know"
"By the way are you okay?" She asked with worry in her eyes.
"Yes I'm fine, I'm actually quite used to that"
"I'm so sorry Ayla, who does she think she is?"
"No need to apologize, I'm okay now and I need to get back to work now, cause I still have a lot to do."
"Good thing I finished the passage for you, so you can head on to your other chores" my eyes lit up as she said that, awwn what a nice girl...that I do not recall her name.
"Awwn thank you very much. My waist was already killing me" I said with an act of trying to stretch my waist and she chuckled.

"Mirabel! Mirabel!" We heard Patricia calling from behind, that's right, her name was Mirabel, I recall now.

"I'll be right there Patricia!" She screamed.
"I have to go now Ayla, hope we can catch up later?"
"Okay sure" I said and nodded with a smile.
Mirabel, what a beautiful name. I went to the various rooms that I was supposed to clean.  The rooms seemed clean already but I guess I have to clean them up again. I played music on my phone and began cleaning the rooms as I sang and danced to my favorite songs. I love working while playing music it makes the work easier and faster.

Few moments later I was done cleaning three rooms remaining Mr Dante's room. I was on my way to clean it when Patricia called me from behind.
"Ayla it's lunch time already, come and have something to eat first" she said and tugged my arm before dragging me along with her to the dining room.

"Patricia hold on, I'll be right there I just have one room left" I protested but she didn't stop.

"Common Ayla, you can't say no cause the food will get cold, you can clean Mr Dante's room later okay, besides his not back yet"

We got to the dining room for staffs, the sweet aroma of pasta filled the air.
Mirabel and three other staffs were already sitted and eating. She smiled when she saw me and pulled out the seat beside her. I thanked her and sat down. I began eating the delicious pasta when Patricia cleared her throat to draw our attention.