Epilogue

─── ♔♔♔ ───

─── ♔♔♔ ───

A Few Months Later

─── ♔♔♔ ───

"I feel bad about this, though. People keep staring, right? And I get it, but this is Patrick's day, not ours," I whisper as yet another person stares.

"Oh, stop. We're at the back. Patrick invited you all. He knew what inviting you both would entail," Annie hisses. "Just shush and enjoy it. People will stare and take photos. Let them. You're here for Patrick, and he knows it."

I roll my eyes. "Yes, Mum."

"You might be a princess and all, and one day you'll help to rule the Commonwealth, but I am still your stepmother."

We both glance at each other and giggle.

"Are you two up to no good again?" Dad asks as he continues feeding Emma her bottle. There was a universal agreement that although I'm breastfeeding, I'd express the milk for when we're out and about so people don't see me do it. Though it wouldn't bother me, it would not be a flattering picture on the front pages for the future queen consort of England.

At Emma's christening – and after Hugh and Charlotte immediately accepted the name Emma Lucy – both of them told me they've written their express wishes that I become Queen Consort – and therefore called Queen and Her Majesty – when Kai ascends the throne whenever it may be.

"It's nearly Patrick's turn!" Gemma whispers. "I'm so excited!"

Gemma and Patrick have now officially been together for six months – they were seeing each other in secret for a while before they told us, and honestly, I couldn't have thought of a more perfect match.

The chancellor of the university finally calls Patrick's name for his medical degree, and he comes onto the stage in his suit, black cloak and mortarboard, looking so proud of himself. Part of me wants to yelp out and cheer for him, but I'm a princess now, so I can't act like that. Instead, I clap and the smile never leaves my face as my stepbrother collects his degree and flashes the entire room a grin.

─── ♔♔♔ ───

After the ceremony, the first thing that happens is I grab Patrick into a hug so tight that I end up cutting both our circulations off. Luckily, we're at Dad's house, so all formalities are off and I can scream and yell as much as I want.

"I'm so proud of you, Patrick!" I squeal. "About to become a doctor!"

He chuckles. "Thanks, Seahorse—"