Chapter 15

The unforeseen

Emily's POV:

Why now? Wasn't what I went through enough? Why is my past still haunting me? I was broken out of my thought when Chloe said something.

"Hi, what are I guys doing here,  I mean not to sound rude but didn't you guys settle in Milan?" Chloe asked a bit tensed.

"We most certainly did, we are here to.... wait don't tell me you guys don't know" Logan asked with a dirty smirk playing on his lips.

"Don't know what exactly?" Cole asked.

"WE ARE ENGAGED" Amy screeched and further continued "and getting married the next month and that the reason we are here to invite our friends and family to celebrate us." Amy said looking at me and sharing the same dirty smirk as Logan.

"Well congratulations" I said with a heavy heart not trying to show my emotions. Others also congratulated the "new couple."

"Well since we are meeting after a long time why don't we have dinner together? The dinner is on me" Logan said.

"Oh! That's a great idea sugar why not. If its not a problem for you guys." Amy said in a very jesting tone.

"Why? Of course not, it'll not at all bother us will it?" Andrew said a bit harshly. The 'new couple' just smirked more if that's possible and sat down.

"Mily you okay? You look a bit tensed. Everything fine?" Alex whispered in my ears. His lips were touching my ears. It looked as if he was concerned about me. I looked into his eyes and I was lost until I heard Eth clearing his throat. I broke my gaze away and looked at my lap for a teeny tiny second and looked back at Alex's eye and gave him a smile and said "everything's fine." He didn't answer so I touched his arm he shook his head and gave me a smile and damn his smile it looked so genuine. His smile is like a cure to all your problems. It was so magical that for a moment I forgot about others especially about Amy and Logan. I'm a goner at this genuine smile of his. He raised his eyebrow; I blushed and shook my head and looked at the table. Phew!! Why is so hot here. 'Maybe because Alex made you smile' my subconsciousness mocked me 'no one asked you' I mocked back my subconsciousness. I reached my hand to take the glass and take a sip of water.

"YOU ARE ENGAGED?!?!?!" Amy screamed loudly and trust me when I say loudly I mean that loud that all people were looking at our table. "Honey keep you voice down and what are you talking about? Who's engaged?" Loagan asked Amy.

"Emily is engaged who else look at her ring finger." Amy said looking at my engagement ring more like staring at it. Logan too looked at it he gave a 'betrayer' look. "How? I mean who and when?" Logan asked very calmly.

Oh! Wait you guys don't know about the ring let me tell you. It was just earlier this morning. After Cole and me were done with the lunch he soon left cause he got a call after he left even I got to my work. Not even 5 minute later my door opened and I thought it was Cole cause that bitch forgets to take things, so thinking its Cole keyword 'thinking' I said "take or do whatever you want to do just don't disturb me."

Soon I felt my hand go up to only see Alex's face. To say I was shocked and so I got up. He held my closer to him and pulled me towards him there was literally no space between us were standing that close. When I looked at him he was already staring at me I too looked in his eyes. Suddenly I felt something cold touch my ring finger when I looked at my hand I saw a beautiful ring embracing my ring finger.

 Suddenly I felt something cold touch my ring finger when I looked at my hand I saw a beautiful ring embracing my ring finger