Chapter Fourteen- The Truth (1)

14. The Truth part One
.
.
.

It had been a while since I was in this dreadful world that I have forgotten most of the feeling I felt when I was there, fear.

This time was different though, I wasn't in chains and so far there was none of that magic sucking ghastly creatures in sight, so far.

"Let's end this now!" I yelled out only for my words to echo back.

I freely walk through the endless daze of the forest, but there was nothing, no creature, nothing.

Until..
"You look just like your mother" I heard a voice coming from my front but there was no one in sight.

"Who are you!" I yelled into the nothingness of the forest.

"I am your father" it was a whisper into my ears from behind me and I immediately froze up, I could feel someone behind me breathing against my neck claiming to be my father, the father that was non-existent.

"I do not have a father" I said through gritted teeth before I turned to face the stranger.

"But you are wrong, everyone has a father, either dead or alive" he said, he was dressed in a long black robe and he had long raven hair, his face was incredibly pale and his cheeks were sunken as though he had been starved, still he looked attractive and young, how could he be my father. I eyed him strangely as I made up to keep myself at high alert incase of an attack.

"Which one are, dead or alive?" I asked as my eyes never left his somewhat dark orbs.

"Neither" he responded.

"W—What?" I asked in confusion, what did he mean by that.

I studied him carefully, my guard still at its highest.

"I know you have questions" he stated casually "Follow me" he added as he turned around and walked into the abyss, I contemplated following him for a second or two before I did, it was quite hard keeping up with him, it did not even appear like he was even walking like I was, it was like he was gliding in the air and the long robe he was adorned in was proving my suspicions to be true.

After what seemed like endless walk, he stopped abruptly before saying "my cottage is over there" he pointed at the small house that appeared to be seated few feet away. He continued walked and I followed behind him, I know this was stupid of me but maybe, I would be able to finally get some answers about what was really going on with my life.

We entered the cottage and I am completely stunned at the interior, the cottage looked small from the outside but on the inside, it looked like a palace hall.

The clicks of shoes along the tiled marble floor proved me wrong on my hypothesis of him actually gliding in the forest, maybe he was in the forest, and it was now his feet was just touching the ground, but that was the least of my problems, I needed answers and I was sure to get it from him.

He sat comfortably on his golden throne, while I stared at him, he looked like a king, his once sunken cheeks looked even fuller now, how was he my father?, we looked nothing alike?and as though he was reading my mind he said

"I know you are wondering why we do not share any resemblance, I must admit, I am quite disappointed, outsiders would assume that your mother did all the work, but Ingrid as always been a strong character"

"Strong character?" I was feeling slightly offended about how he was behaving like my mother had just been nothing but a house that had sheltered his offspring, and it disgusted me, my mother was more than that, she was my mother and she was a good woman.

"Certainly, It is not my intention to offend you in any way, I tend to let my intrusive thoughts win over me regularly, it is something I am working on" he smiled from ears to ears.

"You are neither dead nor alive, more of dead to me, don't you think it is too late to be working on your character" I said through gritted teeth.

He burst out into a fit of laughter. "You are quite bold, it is something I expect from my daughter, power befits you my lovely daughter"

"I am not your daughter!" I screamed out in rage, my fingers itches to walk over to him and strike him across the face. He might be involved in my existence on this earth but he was certainly not my father, a real father would not have deceived a young woman and destroyed her life and her reputation.

He scrunched up his anger in anger, he literally jumped off of the chair and matched towards me until we were facing each other other with few inches separating us, he was quite tall but not too still, strangely, I could feel his breath against my temple, how was that even possible?.

He held me by my hand tightly while I struggled to free myself from him "What the hell do you think you are doing?"

"I am showing you the truth" he gritted against his teeth and the ball room began to transform until we were in the forest but this was not the dark forest on the outside of the cottage, this was a real forest.

"What are we doing here?" I asked out of curiosity as he released me from his grasps, my eyes were on him trying to study his facial expressions for a clue of his true intentions but I was failing miserably, he expression was straight almost emotionless, I was about to ask him the same question again since he refused to answer the first time but I stopped when I saw a young girl run by cackling, she falls to the ground still giggling and I was about to approach her and help until but I stopped again when I see a young boy slightly older than her appear and he said those five words that completely shook me

"You play so much Ingrid" he said as he helped her up the ground,  her body fall on him as he held her by the waist, she stared intensely at him as though his eyes were captivating to her, and he stared at her with equal intensity as well. Ingrid, that was my mother's name, for a second she faces my direction before looking back at the boy, and I totally froze up, she shared a striking resemblance with me, her hair was also the same shade as mine, this was my mother, but who was that boy?.

"That is me" my supposed father responded.

"What?" My eyes widens in shock. He did not respond but his gaze was returned to the young couple.

"Every one in the village says that, I thought you loved that about me, you said my rebellious nature intrigued you" my mother said the last part with so much seductiveness in her voice.

"I love your rebellious spirit, what normal wolf girl would choose to get entangled with a wizard" he responded cheekily.

"Crazy me, it was difficult to resist your charms and your dashing looks, Alexander Ericsson" she smiled at him widely before placing a kiss on his lips, he held the back of her neck deepening the kiss. I turned to my supposed father.

"Is that your name, Alexander Ericsson?" I questioned.

"Yes" he breathes. He knew my mother quite well and he was a wizard, was he really telling the truth, is this man before me my father, I had never bothered my mother to ask about my father, I always thought that if she wanted me to know who he was, she would have told me, all she said was that, he was an awful man and he deceived and abandoned her and so I asked.

"Why did you leave my mother?"