Chapter 2

I got up the next morning and showered. I sprayed my perfume, one thing I did know about supernaturals is how well they could smell. Perfume was recommended for humans as it could throw off your natural scent, part of what they use to discover their mate. I kept a large array of bath and body works sprays in my bathroom, and one in my purse like some diluded form of pepper spray it gave me a little solace. I jumped in my Tahoe and headed to the campgrounds shortly after.

I didn't realize until I was parking in the gravel lot that I forgot to grab myself something for lunch. I took a deep breath trying to pull my scattered brain together before jumping out of the SUV. The camp ground I manage is more glamping than camping honestly. Its a dozen cabins about thirty minutes outside of town. I headed to the main cabin, the outside of which was covered in warnings about dangerous trails, bears, cougars, and wolves. There was small building next door which contained restrooms and showers for the guests. The cabins were filled almost all summer with adorable families I loved watching. They would remind me of my family fishing and hiking together, laughing and enjoying each other despite the world we now know. I never saw older teenagers though, despite being neutral territory most teens even here avoided the woods.

I booted the desktop up and began my normal perusing of the weather and various local animal sightings. When the door to the cabin opened I paid little attention as I scanned a recent cougar sighting from two campgrounds over.

The sound of someone clearing their throat caused me to look up. And I am not proud of what I did next, I screamed.

The large man in front of me actually laughed and shook his head. He was at least 6'2 with a mop of dirty blonde hair that hung to just above the nape of his neck, and even clothed you could see he was built like a mack truck. Muscles upon muscles looking more like steel cords, and tattoos up and down his arms. He was unmistakably a wolf, beyond his size and confident demeanor his eyes darted between their I guess natural dark blue to dark almost black color as he studied me.

"Never met a wolf?" He chuckled.

When I still had no words he spoke again.

"We don't bite," then he winked, "Unless you want us to."

I blushed as a second equally large man stepped in dwarfing me and the tiny check in cabin.

"Ace are you harassing this poor girl?" The new wolf asked.

He held up his hands in surrender, "I would never, but I think she's mute."

Finally finding my voice I immediately apologized, "I am so sorry Sir, I just uh wasn't expecting anyone. No one is on the check in schedule."

The new wolf chuckled, "This is Ace Beta of the Blood Stone pack and I'm Luke the head warrior."

I nodded, that's it that's all I did, I nodded.

"Do you have name?" Ace quirked his eyebrow at me.

"Once again so sorry," I gestured to my name badge, "I'm Dawn and how can I help you today?"

Luke laughed, "We were hoping to rent a couple of the cabins for the next few days?"

"Of course, of course," I again nodded and went to a spread sheet on the computer, "All the cabins except 7 and 12 are available, both of those are currently being renovated."

"We're gonna have the place all to ourselves?" Ace winked at me again.

I tried to hide my blush, "It's uh off season not many people come out here in September."

Ace nodded and I finished checking the group in handing Luke and Ace the keys to cabins 1-4. They paid for 3 nights and 4 days up front, in cash.

"Will we be seeing you around?" Ace asked.