55. Birthday & Confession

"Oh. Hi Manik." Adaa said with a fake smile in order not to let her thoughts be visible to them.

"You know, he and I have graduated together. We have known each other since last...seven years." Nishad said with what seemed like a proud smile.

But to Adaa it felt disturbing.

I have known him since I was in primary. She thought.

And Manik smirked at her in response.

Soon after, Nishad was called by some other business partner of Vasant and had left the two of them alone.

"So Adaa Malhotra...I mean Mrs. Adaa Goyal.. nice to meet you after long." His eyes were still the same. Cold for her, even tho he was smiling.

Correction: fake smiling.

"Whatever. Tho I advice you not to take my name from your mouth." She said with a cold smile too and left the place.

While he just smiled at her walking frame.

~•~•~•~•~•~

"And you know that was the best. Even tho you couldn't hold it, just a look of it and boom! You're flat on it. That's the magic of diamonds. And...."

Some Mrs. Chawla from the elite lady group was chattering for last thirty minutes eating out every remaining braincell of Adaa.

The poor soul just wanted to enjoy her orange juice but no! The lady wasn't shutting for even a minute.

"Would you mind dancing with me?" A hand along with the voice came rising towards Adaa, who was busy rolling her eyes at Mrs. Chawla's words.

Obviously, it was Manik.

It had to be Manik.

Why bhagwaan? Why?

Before Adaa could mourn anymore, she was pulled towards the dance floor.

The reception was very boaring. There were no kids and only about a hundred selected people out of which almost twenty were already drunk and remaining eighty were busy in something or anything.

So no one was really paying any attention to them.

"What the hell? I can complain for assault you know." Adaa said to Manik with greeted teeth.

"Well I know you can but I guess I am better than Mrs. Chawla as a company."
His reply was instant, as he kept his one hand on her waist and the other one holding her one hand. Her second being on his shoulder.

"Badtameez." She muttered to herself.

"I guess mere kaan kharab ho gaye hai. Tum thankyou bol rahi ho aur mujhe badtameez sunai de Raha hai." Manik said with a smug look on his face.

Only to be attacked my Adaa's high heels on his foot.

"Ouch! You violent woman." He exclaimed.

"You started." She simply said and kept on dancing, enjoying herself.

Unaware of the fact that someone was getting boiling blood strocks.

~•~•~•~•~

"I am sooooooo tired." Isha said to Vedant as she came to her room after a long day of sketching routine.

"I second that." Vedant said from the bed. He was on his laptop with his glasses on in a casual tee.

HOT! Screamed Isha's insides.

"I know right." He replied without looking up from his laptop.

Did she said that out loud?
Yes she did.