11.

"You said you were making something for yourself" Piper said as soon as he entered the room

"I lied."

He locked the door behind him and closed the distance between them.

"Eat" He put a plate and a bowl down in the bed. "I wasn't sure what you liked to drink so I got you water."

"Thanks. Did you make me a grilled cheese sandwich and... tomato soup?" She looked at the food in front of her. "That's... very nice of you."

"It's literally cheese on bread." He rolled his eyes trying to not look as embarrassed as he felt.

"It's still very nice of you, considering... you know, we're not that... friendly with each other."

He ignored her, cheeks aflame.

"So... about that thing you mentioned the other day" Piper started and Chris frowned. "Why would you want that with me?"

"The bet within our ruse."

"Ruse."

"Did you not watchm Bridgerton?" Chris tilted his head.

"No, I did. I just wasn't expecting you to reference it."

"Bella made me watch it" he admitted. "I slept through most of the show." Piper chuckled and the sight of her smile made Chris' heart beat louder. "I, uh, I have a game this week." She waited for him to continue. "You kinda need to be there."

"I do?" She asked. "Why?"

"We're in love with each other" She scoffed. "And you're a very supportive fake girlfriend."

"Bella's going to kill me" Piper groaned, but then her face brightened. "Oh my God, I have an idea! I'll wear one of your jerseys!"

His teenage brain wandered off to a land where Piper Cruz stood in the bleachers, his jersey on and that short jean skirt he absolutely didn't love on her. Her smile was big and her cheers where loud and clear. Maybe she even held up a sign with his number in something glittery and so obviously made by her.

"Wearing my number is going to put a target on your back" He said, shaking his head.

"Then you fend your groupies off of me" She rolled her eyes. "By the way, some girls have been DM'ing me. Death threats, praises, prayers, you name it."

"You should see Matt's little fan club" He laughed. "They bring him lunch to school."

"What?" She widened her eyes. "Does your fan club bring you lunch?"

"Just soda. Pepsi."

"That's boring, everyone knows that's your favorite."

"How would you know?" He smirked.

"I did my homework in order to get under your skin" She confessed. "I also didn't want to accidentally poison you."

He knew she was allergic to nuts. That's why he had stopped eating peanut butter in case kissing her caused a reaction.