Chapter 10: Giselle

'Rafe I swear to god if one more thing comes out of your mouth I will suffocate you with this book.' I snap.

This is day four of tutoring Rafe and I've already had enough. He can't seem to sit still and always changes the conversation to the most random of things. I've also caught him staring at me very often.

'Don't get too mad or all the steam from your head will get your curls to poof up.' He tugs lightly on one of my curls and I slap his hand away.

'I mean it Hartley, you're annoying.' I snap.

'Do it.' He teases, a glint of mischief dancing in his eyes.

I smile at him innocently before picking up the book and slaming it across his face causing him to grunt in pain.

He keeps his face turned away from me and I place the book down.

'You big baby, that probably didn't even hurt.' I roll my eyes.

'Shit.' Rafe mutters, keeping his face turned away from me.

My eyes widen when I realise that I actually hurt him. If the principal finds out she could have me expelled.

'Oh my god, I'm so sorry.' I gasp. 'Rafe I didn't mean to hurt you, I didn't think it through.'

I grab his jaw and force him to look at me when I see humour in his eyes.

'Awww, so you do care about me.' He smiles.

'Oh my god.' I mutter. His eyes look into mine and then go down to my lips. I clear my throat and let go of his face.

I get up and walk around the library, trying to clear my head and ignore him before he tests my patience even more.

I scan through the shelves of books, trying to preoccupy myself with something else other than the man I see watching me intently. My eye catches on The Lord of the rings, book. I haven't read that series in ages, it's time I give it a reread.

I grab hold on one of my crutches, putting all my weight on my good foot and I try to reach to the top shelf.

'Let me help with that.' Rafe's low voice comes from behind me. I turn to him and he reaches over me, caging me in and picking up the book. He hands me the book and places his hand on the top shelf not giving me an escape.

His hazel eyes look down at me, analysing my entire face. Rafe is so close that I can smell his fresh, citrus cologne and it tickles my nose.
I get the urge to go on my tiptoes.
If he could only lean down a little more so our lips can brush.

What the hell am I thinking?

'This isn't a Wattpad book, stop staring at me and move out of my way.' I hit his leg with my crutch.

Baffled, Rafe moves out of the way and lets me walk back to our seat.

'Now seriously, let me see what I'm working with.' I pull Rafe's sheet of paper towards me. He managed to scrape a E- on his last essay but Mrs Jonae wants an A+.

I see that Rafe has used most of the techniques talking about the author and how he presented Chillingworth as evil.

'Instead of this.' I start, pointing at the sentence on the first paragraph. 'Try to compare him to Hester and Dimmesdale.'

'Should I talk about how he's a character that is unable to love and is therefore driven to hate and evil?' Rafe asks.

I turn to Rafe, unable to hide the shocked expression on my face.

'You did the reading.' I smile.

'Of course.' He shrugs. 'Just cause I joke around doesn't mean I'm completely hopeless.'

'You know I never thought you were.' I reply.

'Yeah right.' He scoffs.

My heart twinges a little and I turn my attention back to the essay.

'Try to also explain how his evil experiments make him truly evil because they mask a sort of witchcraft he uses.' I say.

'You really like literature.' Rafe says, I look up to him looking at me in admiration.

'A little.' I say.

'Cute.' He replies. 'Your eyes light up when talking about it.'

He notices how my eyes light up?
He's a playboy. Don't you dare fall for it. Not after your last relationship.

'I think that's enough for today.' I shut my book and collect all of my papers. 'I'll see you in two days.'

Before Rafe can reply I grab my bag and try to leave the library when I bump into Tyler.

'Woah.' He laughs as my bag falls to the floor. He picks it up for me and I smile.

'Thank you.' I smile.

'Listen Giselle, I was wondering if you wanna come watch me play hockey some time?' He asks, raising his eyebrows.

'Sure, as soon as I'm all healed up.' I reply.

'Of course.' He rubs his neck anxiously. 'I'll see you around.'

I smile at his shyness. It's kinda cute.

Rafe walks past Tyler, ignoring him as he says hi and walks straight past me as if I wasn't even there.
What the hell is this guys problem?

One second he can't stop staring at me and the next he's ignoring me. One second he's noticing how my eyes shine and the next he has his tongue halfway down another girl's throat.

But of course, that's what he does. I would expect nothing less from the a guy like him.

I make my way back to my dorm, trying to get as much rest as I can so I can go back to skating soon.

*AUTHORS NOTE*
Is Rafe jealous and is Giselle falling for his charm???? I hope you enjoyed this chapter!

Have a nice day!