Cruel Summer

Saturn, Sleeping At Last- Performed by Nicholas Henley
Walking On Sunshine, Katrina & The Waves (Gardiner Sisters Version)- Performed by The New Direction Girls
Someone You Loved, Lewis Capaldi- Performed by Nicholas Henley
Heavydirtysoul, Twenty One Pilots- Performed by Nicholas Henley

Cruel Summer

The first day Quinn turned up at Nicks door once school had finished, he was surprised. She glided past him like an angel, going straight up to his bedroom. It happened a second time, then a third and now a few weeks into summer it was a regular unspoken ritual. He always pretended to be annoyed when he opened the door, but they both knew secretly he was pleased.

One day they were sat in his room watching a film, or at least one of them was. Nick had his eyes trained on the side of the girls face, as she intently focused on the screen. A part of the film made her jump, but she was still so focused on it. She glanced to her side and then looked back at him again, "Why are you watching me and not the film?" Nick was sat with his back against the headboard the girl curled next to him, but their bodies were not touching. Nick knew if his hand grazed hers or their knees accidentally touched it'd be game over. Subtly he tried to defuse the tension, "You keep jumping and it's funny. Didn't realise Quinn Fabray was such a wimp!" Within seconds he's shocked at the next movement from the girl. Her legs swing over him, placed either side of his lap. He could easily lift her off, but he doesn't. Menacingly she stares down at him, "Take that back!" Nick shake his head no with a smirk plastered on it, "I mean it take it back!"
"And what if I don't? What are you going to do about?" Nick challenges. He freezes in place as she leans forward her breath hitting his lips inches away from touching. His eyes stay trained on her mouth, as she looks at his eyes. Then she sees it, she can't tell if it's love or lust but it's there, the need and the want to have her his pupils blown up.
"Quinn..." he breathes out and shuts his eyes, forehead pushing against her own. All it would take is one movement and their lips would connect, inching closer there noses brush. Their heads snap towards Nick's bedroom door as it swings open and in strolls Mackenzie, "Oh shit I'm sorry!" She slams the door shut, seeing the blonde girl straddled over he cousin.

Quinn quickly removes herself and Nick lets out an exasperated sigh. He glances over at Quinn and sees the look on her face, she's flustered. He doesn't know what to do or what to say so to make it better, but he's sure his face is as red as hers. "Mack come in, I know you're still lurking out there!" Nick yells and for the second time his bedroom door flies open.  "I didn't know you guys were ya know..." Mack makes a in appropriate gesture with her hands as she walks back in with a irritatingly smug face.

"No...we're not." Nick starts, but Quinn cuts over him, "It's not like that!" Quinn defensively tells the girl, who has yet two wipe the smirk of her face.

"I'm just gonna leave. I'm sorry." Quinn stands up flustered.
"I'll see you out!" Nick begins to stand, but is cut off by Quinn, "No it's fine! I'm fine I'll message you later Nick." The girl hurriedly leaves the room and the Henley cousins look at each other, Nick takes one look at his baby cousins face and can see the mischievous glint in her eyes, "Don't even!" She holds her hands up in surrender and jumps back onto his bed, the two playing video games into the late evening not talking about the incident that nearly happened.