Chp. 21

A week had passed since me and Drew's double date with Demarcus and Maria, and now it was Saturday and I was preparing myself for group rehearsal. I knew we had exactly a week till the recital and my nerves were starting to kick in. Yesterday at school I had I seen the costumes for my group and my duet with Drew and I was absolutely in love with them. I knew the fittings would be conducted this upcoming Wednesday, and I would need Drew there for them.

I just hoped she wouldn't feel too out of place around all of my colleagues. I figured if I was around she wouldn't feel too apprehensive, but she understood I needed her there.

My group began walking in and I waited patiently, really only looking forward my rehearsal with Drew. It's not like I didn't enjoy dancing with my group, because I did, I just enjoyed dancing with Drew a lot more. The chemistry we had was unexplainable and unique, and it actually gave me a chance to get up close and personal with her, which I obviously enjoyed.

Eventually Maria waltzed up to me and spoke, "So, how are the rehearsals with Drew going? I can't wait to see it!"

I smiled, "It's going really well actually. I was gonna to ask if you to stay later next Thursday to watch us. Give us your opinion?"

"Are you kidding? Of course."

I smiled, "Thanks."

"You don't think she's gonna flake out, huh?"

I shook my head, "No, I really think she's capable. She's done a million recitals before."

"That's true."

I teased, "Too bad you and Dee couldn't do a duet, huh?"

She rolled her eyes, laughing, "Yea, can you imagine him in a leotard? Oh God."

I laughed along with her as the rest of my group walked in, allowing me conduct our daily stretch before rehearsal. I was ready to get this over with so I could start with Drew but I had an hour and a half till then.

I chimed through the consistent chatter, "Okay let's stretch and then get started."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"Everyone did well! See you all next week!"

I watched the dancers leave, eager to go home and enjoy the rest of their weekend since it was only seven-thirty at night. I was overly excited to see Drew and hopefully teach her the last bit of our set, which would put us ahead of schedule for once. I could never actually do that with my group.

It didn't take Drew long to appear at the door, dropping her bag and causing the familiar heart spasms inside my chest. She looked extra good today with her messy hair that was flowing freely over her shoulders. Those silvery green eyes took me in immediately as she walked over to me. My skin was hot under her glare but I didn't mind one bit, but the closer she got to me the faster my pulse raced.

And she shocked me by wrapping one arm around my waist, pulling me into her quickly as she delivered a quick kiss to my lips. I didn't know what had come over her but I liked it, and I tried to prolong it just a second longer while I had the chance.

She pulled away, allowing me to speak, "Well, good to see you too."

She smirked, "I've been looking forward to doing that all day."

Could she get any cuter? I asked myself internally, loving the way she had been opening up lately. It was rare but it was slowly becoming a daily occurrence that Drew would initiate intimate contact or a kiss, which led me to believe that being patient was paying off. She trusted me more than she trusted most, and with growing comfort came the reward of more affection. I loved it, and it only made me crave more from her.