Something About You •Academic Rival•

Something about you by eyedress

Academic rivals to lovers / football player x top student

Groveling

——————————

I feel a sharp glaze on the back of my head. 'Can he just leave me alone'

"You okay?" F/n asked

"No" I answered "Do know how annoying r/n is?" r/n, was my rival, my enemy, yeah he's attractive, I won't deny that but I hate him. He used to not even try to do the work since he was already confident with getting a position in a football team but at the beginning of this year, he started to compete with me in scores and grades.

Which angers me even more. That fact he's only trying to beat me and get under my skin is such an asshole move. But what can I say he likes the competition and if it keeps him entertained enough for him to get better grades then so be it.

"Didn't you say you like smart guys?" She brought up my type

"I mean yeah but not the kind who forces it in your face." I rolled my eyes

-

"I will be returning your essays. Please look over my comments and make corrections for a higher grade. No higher than an 85 if you resubmit." Our English teacher told the class.

"Alex, Mason, Max, Maddie, Emma, Jack, Ella K., Ella R." He listed off the people in our class as he hands the paperback. "R/n congratulations, Y/n congratulations."

I grabbed my paper and saw a 98%. There could have been many things I got wrong. Out of this whole school, this English is the more strict and hardest English class. Everyone knows Mr. Hutton and that terrifies the newcomers. No one has ever gotten a 100 in his class. I looked at the corrections to look for my answer.

'I wished you expanded more on this sentence. Although it wasn't one of your many points, it's a very interesting topic that should've been more in-depth.'

'Yeah right, if I have talked more about it then my essay would have been 12 pages long without the citations.' I rolled my eyes 'god I hate Mr. Hutton'

-

The class was dismissed and we didn't have any homework due to today being a study hall and corrections. I packed my things and r/n quickly walk down the stairs to get to my desk. I looked at him knowing he wanted to tell me his score

"97" he smirked,

"98" I watch as the smirking disappeared from his face and I smiled again before leaving him there standing all alone. Most of the time I got the higher marks in classes we had together; however, the times that he got higher scores I would either walk away due to me already being in a bad mood or say 'Good job'

Even though he was my rival. I didn't despise him. I didn't like him sure but I was impressed how fast he got his grade up from last year.

-

"I'll be pairing you together for this project," Ms. K told the class "It's worth 60 percent of your grade. Which means it's going in the test category. Your partner is announced in the email I just sent out."

I went on my laptop and click on her email that was mass shared to the whole class. I scroll down to find my name next to r/n. 'Great' I sighed 'I guess it's not that bad'

"You may change seats now and start on your project for the rest of the class." Ms. K sat at her desk. As people start moving I feel someone sit next to me.

"Hey" r/n smiled

"Hello" I kept it short as I was reading the rubric

"So what do you want to do for the project?" He asked