Oh you have got to be kidding me

"So, as we were saying, we want to talk about your parents

"So, as we were saying, we want to talk about your parents.", Officer Davidson stated.

"You mean my foster parents, right, officer?"

"Uh yes." I nod, urging him to continue.

Now it's Officer Martin's time to talk.

"Well, we are truly sorry to inform you, sweetheart, but unfortunately Mr. and Mrs. Clarence are deceased, they were found dead inside their car because of a car accident."

"The other car involved hit them; thus they died because of the impact."

Officer Davidson concludes.

I awkwardly laugh. This can't be true, can it, Thea? My conscience says.

The four eyes looking at me soften, seeing I'm nervous and shaken quite a bit. Sure, Mr. and Mrs. Clarence weren't the ideal parents, but they never starved me or hurt me. They were just always really busy.

They were going to a restaurant today or probably a bar since today was their 17th wedding anniversary. They were probably going to come back tomorrow really early in the morning. But even though I was frozen in my place, lost in my thoughts, I mustered all my courage to ask two questions

" What's going to happen to me ?"&"And is there going to be a funeral for them ?"

I'm sorry If you're judging me, but those people raised me and when they weren't busy, they gave me their undivided attention, and they really didn't do emotions, but they always made me feel loved. So yeah.

"Well, yes, that is part of the other news we have for you, some of the Clarence's relatives are planning the funeral. They'll be sure to let you know when the details are finalized, so you can attend.

" Well, ok... Wait, WHAT other news? Ugh what else can go wrong, never mind, I can't jinx this.

"What other's news?!", I ask, despair clear in my voice.

"Sweetie I'm not sure if you're aware of this so brace yourself", Officer Martin Says.

I take a long deep breath, doing so.

"You're going to live with another family." Great, just great, I know I should be grateful, but still. But something was off in her voice, she sounded very cautious, almost as if she were unsure whether to add some info or leave it out.

But I'll worry about that tomorrow and try to get some sleep, even thought I know that even if I try, I won't be able too.

"I'm sorry because I know this is very sudden, but even though we would normally take you to the station to sleep until after the funeral, we were specifically instructed to leave you to sleep here, but don't worry tomorrow morning you will be expecting a visitor to keep you company."

"Ok thank you" I finally say.