Chapter 31

Violet

"Can you help me change my clothes?" I ask Aless as we enter the room. We just got back from the hospital and all I wanna do is sleep.

"Of course what do you want to wear?"

"Just whatever." I mumble feeling exhausted.

"Amore don't go to sleep yet." He says bringing me my clothes.

"But I'm tired, and everything hurts." I whisper. "I know, and I'm sorry but you need to eat something and I need to give you your medication."

He changes my clothes and calls one of the cooks to bring me something, we lay on the bed in silence as he drags his fingers up and down my arm.

"He was going to rape me. When you came in, he was about to." I feel his arm tighten around me, "If it wasn't for you he would have done it again." I swallow the lump in my throat, what if he didn't make it on time?

"Don't think about it. Please amore, don't torture yourself with the what if's." I melt into his chest knowing he's right. As soon as I ate my food and got my painkillers I immediately fell asleep in the warmth of his arms.

It feels like I slept for hours before being harshly awoken by a searing pain ripping down my leg and my stomach. I snap up in a sitting position laying a soothing hand on my stomach causing a whimper to escape my lips. I look to the alarm clock on the night stand to see that it's been a few hours since we fell asleep meaning my painkillers are wearing off.

My baby kicks me right below my wound causing me to yelp out in pain at the fiery sensation rippling thought me.

"Aless." I cry out not being able to take the pain, he snaps open his eyes with a worried look. "What? What's wrong?"

"It hurts." I sob not being able to keep it in. "So bad."

"Fuck baby, I'm sorry." He says pulling me to his chest, "I can't give you any more painkiller it can harm the babies."

"I know," I sob into his chest, "but it hurts." The pain in my stomach is drowning out the pain in my leg due to it being stronger from the babies kicks.

"Is there anything I can do?" He frantically questions.

"Help me take off my shirt it's hurting me." As soon as the words leave my mouth he's already pulling my shirt over my head. "Better?" He asks searching my face.

"A little." I sniffle looking down to the wound on my belly. I lightly trace around on the slightly red edges and feel the warmth of it. I try hovering my finger above the cut slightly touching it. I wince ripping my hand away. "Don't touch it if it hurts." He says snapping me out of my trance.

"It's gonna leave a scar." I mumble, "I don't want a reminder of what happened."

"Think of it as a reminder that you survived what happened, and that you're alive and our babies get the privilege to live their lives with their mother." He says lightly gripping my chin to look towards him. "You're so strong Amore, you'll get through this ok?"

I simply nod not being able to form any words due the excruciating surges of pain shooting through me as the babies move. Just as the baby kicks again my face grimaces in pain and my lips tremble. "Fuck." He curses under his breath, "I'm so fucking sorry I can't take away the pain."

"Can you just hold me?" I question in a shaky voice.

"Come here Amore." He says pulling me back to his chest. "Try and get some rest, you can have painkillers in the morning I promise it won't hurt anymore."