chapter 14

As soon as she left the living room, Ares appeared moment later.

Again with Daniel stood behind, he noticed the similarities.

Perhaps this was his Princess.

He knew he couldn't kill them, her supposed parents and brother but he would make them suffer in prison for life.

"Aria, are you ok" Ares asked not hesitating to hug her.

Aria flinched. She was still in alot of pain.

Daniel felt even more anger seeing this.

He didn't care if she wasn't his daughter, he would make sure she went to a good home.

"Aria will be stopping the night Ares, go show her to the guest room" Daniel said.

Ares' smile returned. He had frowned slightly when he saw her flinch but he was excited to have her stop.

He didn't know why he was feeling like this. He felt protective over her, he wanted her safe, he cared for her and yet he didn't know why.
It was almost like he felt with his brothers only it was different as he felt a stronger urge to keep her safe and be around her.

Ares happily began taking her upstairs to the guest bedroom whilst talking about her meeting his family.

The only one left to meet was greyson.

He would be home tonight too.

She had briefly met Jake, she had met Xander kind of, she just never let him see her face.

As they continued watching TV upstairs with Ares back to fussing over her.  She started to relax, she couldn't explain why but she felt safe with Ares. Even though she knew her parents would probably end her life once they found out, she didn't care, she had been abused for so long. She was sleeping on an actual bed for once tonight and she figured if they were going to hurt her either way, she might as well enjoy the little moments.

Meanwhile, downstairs, Daniel paced the room as he made several calls. The first was too her supposed mother, of course putting on an act she had agreed to let Aria spend the night. But she was fuming and was already planning on beating her when she got home tommorow.

The next few calls were to a few friends in the police and one of his closest friends who was a judge.

It took alot but finally all Daniel had to do was take her to the hospital were specialists would take DNA swabs and of course photographs of the abuse would be taken.

It was going te be a quick case Daniel decided, especially if the DNA matched.

Only Daniel and Jess now knew the real reason behind the DNA, as far as their boys and Aria knew, it was to look for family relatives that could take her in.

"We could always keep her if she has no family" Jess suggested. She already adored the girl even after one meeting.

"No Jess. I can't do it. I can only have my aria in this house. Not someone who looks like her but isn't her" Daniel would make sure she went to a good home if she wasn't their daughter. He just couldn't let her stay. It was too painful. And he did not want to replace his princess with a look alike.

Jess understood. She was desperate for her daughter to be alive. She truly did believe Aria was her daughter though.

"Can the DNA test be done tonight, we can get the results quicker " she suggested.

"I'm not sure, Aria seems quite vunerable, I don't think it's wise to overwhelm her" Daniel said.

Jess was reluctant but agreed "well I'll get started on dinner. I hope she likes it"  she then left the kitchen. She was excited to cook for Aria again.

Maybe this would be the first time all her children would eat together. Grayson and Jake would be home tonight.

Daniel sorted a few more things out but even he couldn't wait. He went up to Ares' room and knocked. Once he was invited in he couldn't help smile at the children.

He hoped she was his daughter.

"Can we talk Aria" he asked. She reluctantly nodded and followed Daniel into the corridor.

"Obviously you're stopping the night here and can remain here until we find you other relatives or a nice home but to speed the process along, is it okay for me to take you down to the hospital, we can sort it all out there " he asked trying to remain professional.

"I don't know. What will happen when they see the bruises and scars"

She was terrified of the doctors finding out because that meant her parents would find out and beat her.

"They will take pictures, it will turn into a child abuse case.  They will go to prison" he stated.

"Whenever teachers have reported it in the passed, they quickly shut it down" she said still unsure.

"Not this time. Besides you might have family who will take care of you and want you" he said.

Aria found herself even more hesitant. She obviously didn't have any family nearby or she would have heard about it. So that meant leaving.

She didn't want to leave Ares.
She felt safe.

"Hey what's wrong " Daniel asked noticing how upset she had gotten.

"I don't want new family. I can put up with abuse" she quickly said.

"Please let's just see okay" he said.

He needed that DNA test.

"I won't let you go anywhere that is unsafe" Daniel said firmly.

Aria saw how much Daniel wanted this and she agreed. Partly fear because she didn't want to anger him or to be kicked out.

So they headed to the hospital shortly after.
She had been assigned a child advocate who was going to act in her best interest until Daniel managed to gain guardianship over his client or perhaps his daughter.

It was a clear case of child abuse. And the police were called instantly.

Everything was going Daniels way though. He wanted the parents kept out of loop until a DNA test was done so that they could get her somewhere to live permenantly as soon as possible.

A rush was done on the DNA test.

They would have the anwser in days.

An answer that would change everything.