• 24

『 LOYALTY 』 { irl }

『 LOYALTY 』
{ irl }

after a long night in the hospital, mae walks out of the building with a cast around her arm.

of course cora and the triplets visited her as much as possible and they saw each other only a few hours ago, but they're all still excited to see mae as she approaches the van.

matt parked as close as possible to the hospital's front door so she didn't have to walk far.

"wait where's cora?" mae asks, sitting in the backseat beside nick. "i thought she was coming, too."

"she's drunk," nick explains, "like really wasted."

"what?! but she was perfectly sober an hour is two ago!" mae exclaims. the triplets just shrug in response. it's truly a miracle that girl doesn't have liver problems already.

the four of them talk for a while before mae notices their camera that's propped up on the dash. how did she not notice it as soon as she got in the car? nick notices that she's finally realized it's there and says, "look who finally opened her damn eyes."

"what are you talking about?" mae asks.

"we've been waiting for you to notice the camera for the past five minutes!" matt exclaims.

"look, it's right in front of your face!" nick agrees, lifting his arm to point at the camera.

as his arm shoots up, it collides with mae's cast. "shit, nick! that fucking hurts!"

chris turns around, automatically worried about mae. "nick, let's swap." he states without hesitation.

"huh?" nick questions, genuinely confused.

"let's switch seats," chris repeats, making everyone in the car widen their eyes. switch seats!? but they never switch seats.

chris opens the car door and crawls out of the vehicle. nick shrugs and does the same. the brothers then change seats, instantly feeling weird in a different place.

"ew, i hate it up here!" nick shouts, squirming around in the seat.

"maybe if you didn't fucking break mae's arm, we wouldn't be in this position." chris points out.

"well, how come you and mae didn't swap instead? then she would be in the front, alone. and i could be in my own seat."

"because then i'd be in the back with you. and that's fucking disgusting," chris responds.