A day with family

Nagisa stepped into his room. Akara was beside her bed, looking worriedly toward the window. The small vampire turned, he huffed.

“Where were you hiding?” He asked of the dark-haired vamp leaning against his bedpost.

The man eyed the teen. He pushed off of the bed to walk across the floor. He stopped when he saw the girl flinch back slightly. He turned to look at her but addressed his brother.

“I was watching.” Lucifer muttered.

“Do you fear me, witch?” he asked in his silky voice.

“Unnerve me is more like it.” Akara said. Lucifer lowered his crossed arms. He looked thoughtful.

“I am used to coming and going as I please.” He bowed slightly to the girl. “I am also used to Collin being in Nagisa’s room.” He offered.

“I will respect your wishes if you don’t want me coming through the window any longer.” He straightened up.

“We are on the fourth floor. Did you fly up here?” she asked.

“Only Mori has wings, human.” Lucifer stated. Nagisa chuckled.

“Look at you attempting to socialize.” He met his brother slapping him on the arm.

“Please stop.” Nagisa begged. “Or at least wait until I get Collin and Coldar here.” He added.

“Your wolf friend. That is why I wish to speak with you.” He looked back to the girl.

“Alone, got it.” Akara waved to Nagisa as she took her bag, walking from the room. Lucifer turned back to the teen.

“How do you always manage to find such interesting friends?” He asked.

“It’s called having a personality. You may want to try it sometime.” Nagisa smirked. Lucifer made a face.

“I would rather not.” He said. Nagisa let his face fall. He stared open-mouthed at the man.

“Was, was that a joke?” he asked. Lucifer’s thin lips twitched upward ever so slightly.

“There is much you don’t know about me, little brother. Far more…” He went back to lean against the bed. “… that I do not understand about you.” He offered.

“Like having a best friend that is a werewolf?” Nagisa asked.

“For one.” Lucifer looked at the boy.

“Will he follow you or remain to take over his father’s shop? I hear he has an aptitude for it.” Lucifer asked. Nagisa sat down in his desk chair.

“I mean for awhile he will hunt with me, but I never asked him if that was what he wanted long term.” Nagisa stated. Lucifer nodded.

“Where is my tux? The one you made me two years ago?” he asked.

“You are not wearing that tonight!”  Nagisa went to his wardrobe, pulling out a garment bag.

“I made you a new one.” He held it out to his brother. Lucifer gave him the same twitchy lipped smile.

“I thank you, kind brother.” He was gone before Nagisa could say anything.

Shaking his head, Nagisa changed out of the school uniform. They were free for the rest of the day, well, unless you were a Romanari. He eyed his more colorful outfits. What would Reggie do? He thought. A sly smirk crossed his face.

“You’re going to push him into an early nursing home.” Collin said as he sauntered into the room. He was wearing a pair of skinny black jeans, a polo shirt and sneakers. He held a hoodie over one arm.