Chapter 46 (unsolved agony)

The next morning Maricella woke up from the excruciating pain emitting from her hand. She cried in agony as the pain got worse and worse with every second that passed. There's a burning feeling creeping on her skin. It went deep into her bone and made me whimper while twisting and rolling on the bed hoping it will ease the pain away. Martha was promptly on her side, asking what was wrong. Where was she hurting? But it's so painful that her jaw clenched like at any moment her teeth will shatter and she can't even speak. Her eyes brimming with tears as the pain went up from her hand to her arm. She screams in horror when it reaches half of her face.
" Oh my goodness, Maricella, please tell me why are you in pain?" Martha begs as she panicky, stands out of bed, walking back and forth, not knowing how to help her. Maricella blankly stared at the oracle, her tears freely streaming down her cheeks as she engulfed the pain.
" I don't know, but I'm in pain like someone is slowly burning my skin," She managed to mumble before choking up from crying. She gasped at what Maricella said. It seems like Martha already knew what was happening to her.
" Please bear with it. It will be over soon." Martha's words made her hope all of this is just temporary. Maricella hugged herself and curled her body into a ball. A few minutes passed and gradually her rapid breathing became even as the pain began to subside.
Martha was right.
She doesn't understand what was happening to her and when she stared at Martha's face, she was standing near the bed, pacing back and forth while scrambling her hands together. It seems like she has the habit of doing so when she's thinking about something, or she's worried. When the pain completely subsided, Maricella felt her lids were too heavy. It's like she lost all of her strength and slowly fatigue lull her back to darkness. The next time she woke up, there was a loud voice talking to each other, and she felt like shit. Her body was aching, and she felt like she didn't have much strength to go up from the bed. Finally, she peered her eyes open and saw the sun was already high above the sky. She can see it through the window. It was probably around the afternoon. So this only means she fell back asleep after that horrifying pain emitted in her skin this morning. Glancing to her left she saw Martha and Moira talking to each other near the door. It seems like they were in a heated argument just before she woke up. Martha's face was in a scowl while her hand was in a fist. On the other hand, Moira has a brutal look on her face as she stands dominantly over Martha. Sensing that she was awake, Martha immediately left Moira and sat next to her in bed. Grasping her hand, the Oracle looked so worried about her condition. Seeing the oracle worry about her so much, she wanted to ease it away. She forced a smile even though it turned out as a winch.
" How are you, Maricella? Are you feeling much better now?" She asked worriedly. Maricella tried to sit up from the bed, and Martha gently helped her by putting a pillow next to the headrest so she could lay her back on it comfortably.
" I feel much better now Martha, thank you. But can you explain to me what was going on? What happened to me this morning? " she asked her, very much confused. She was scared that because she was unbonded with her real mate and marked anew, it might affect her unborn child, and it's giving her a painful feeling. Just thinking about it made her very terrified she doesn't want to feel that pain again. It was so unbearable that she couldn't stop her entire body from shivering.
" You're in pain because Lord Theo tried to walk in the broad daylight this morning." The oracle explained, which made her brows furrow.
"What do you mean? I thought, ''If he drinks my blood he can walk again in the daylight?" Martha gently turned her head on both sides, letting her know that the test wasn't as successful as they thought it would be.
" The two of you need to get up now. We're having a meeting in Lord Theo's office." Moira's voice was laced with annoyance as she spoke.
"Can I go alone? For goodness sake this girl can't even get out of the bed without stumbling on the ground she's so weak—" Maricella gasped in shock as she heard the hard slapping sound of Moira's hand connecting to Martha's face. Instantly Martha's hand formed a fist as she let out a snarl, her canine exposed ready for Moira's second attack.
" Don't you fucking forget that the two of you don't have the liberty to suggest or complain about us! You're both fucking captives, and I won't hesitate to kill the two of you if only Lord Theo didn't forbid it." She said before turning her back.
" Follow me right this instance, or else you will feel not only my wrath but Lord Theo too." She lastly said before slamming the door closed. Maricella saw Martha's body trembling and fell on the edge of the bed. She sat there for a moment taking a few deep breaths. After a few seconds of silence, she stood up and walked next to her.
" Come, Maricella, we need to move. After this, I promised you could have your rest. For now, let's obey them for both our safety. If Lord Theo's experiment succeeds, there's a big possibility that he will release us soon. Last night when you passed out, I felt so horrified seeing your pale skin.
You weigh so much lighter just like a paper in Lord Theo's arm. He brought you back here in this room. But seeing you like that disintegrate my adoration for him. I talked to him and told him about your unborn child. He didn't believe it at first, but when he felt your stomach, it was then that he finally realized one thing." The oracles' words confused her because she didn't understand what it was that the Godly King finally realized. Sensing what she was thinking, Martha, smiled, caressing her cheek. She's like a mother trying to ease the worries in their child's mind. She gathered a few strands of hair and tucked it in behind Maricella's ear that covered her eyes. Then the oracle smiled at her again looking satisfied.
" Lord Theo finally understands that he can never have something by using force. He knows now that your bond with your mate was more powerful than even if he marks you as his. Your heart will never belong to him. That baby in your stomach proves it. Remember you're a hybrid vampire, and Dalton is a pure royal-blooded demon. It's a miracle that you conceived a child, and it's faith when Lord Theo marks you, but your unborn baby didn't die. You and Dalton were fated to be together. Mate or not. So carry that hope in your heart because soon everything will be alright" Listening to her words made Maricella feel hopeful again that she can still be together with Dalton someday. A flood of relief surged in her from Martha's words of advice. She forced herself to move even though the slight strength she used was very painful. She managed to stabilize her breathing after sitting in the bed and her foot could feel the cold floor. The oracle helped her up, both women stared at each other and they seemed to finally have a mutual understanding. With high hopes in their eyes, they started to walk to that Godly King's office.