E I G H T

I had developed a few new habits while disassociating from my dad's painfully boring lecture; I often hummed to my favorite songs, smiled a whole lot more, and would often fidget with anything I can get my hands on

It was all because of him and his sweet delicate smile, a smile that looked so vulnerable and kind even though there were subtle hints of fragility and unspoken pain in it. I liked knowing the fact that I was able to make him smile. I liked him that way, smiling and happy. The sight alone was enough to leave an everlasting memory in my mind.

He has the cutest face I've ever seen in my life. So fucking cute that I couldn't stop thinking about it.

I think I'm going crazy, man.

I barely knew this boy and yet he had already made me undergo reoccurring dreams states as well as a high I'd wish to never come down from.

Even though I appreciated the time I was able to have with him this past weekend, I couldn't help but still want more. It just wasn't enough. It's always never enough and it's kinda beginning to piss me off.

I wanted to ask him about the fresh batch of wounds that hugged over his small fragile nose, his rose-blushed cheeks, and his soft lips. I wanted to know why his large downturned eyes maintained its innocence and yet were enveloped with such dark lifeless circles.

I wanted to know if there was anything I could do for him to make sure he knew that I was here, to make sure that he's okay, to make sure that he'd never return to that cliff again...

I spent the entire school day formulating a plan on how to make our schedules closely match, taking all of the instances I've seen him in the past in order to find out the best time to talk.

Maybe it was my genuine curiosity, my desperation for interaction outside my family, or perhaps even the Blood Bond we had formed, but all I wanted was to be around him and nothing was going to stop me.

I tapped my feet as I waited to be dismissed, wishing time had gone faster as I felt the adrenaline and anticipation build up in my head and down to my toes.

"Physiological differences separate us from humans when we take a closer look at the virus in our bodies." My dad raised his laser pointer to the right corner of the presentation. "For one, our brain's amygdala is hypertrophied and is eight percent larger than the uninfected. Our visual cortex is also much larger and exceeds normal parameters, along with our cortical folding as well as lamination. The layers of our skin is also emphasized in strength and durability. We are heightened in a way that proves us to be physically and mentally advanced from ordinary human capabilities."

"It's time for dismissal." I let out unimpressed while fixing my posture with a quickness.

"Please son just-just hold on for a second-" My dad requests with a calm tone before moving onto another slide. "So although a lot of the fictional movies got our strengths right, the opposite can be said about our weaknesses. We don't have to avoid sunlight in fear of being burned to ashes, we don't need invitation to enter someone's home, and we certainly aren't afraid of garlic."