Chapter 21...

I woke to hot breath against my neck and something heavy around my stomach. It took a few minutes for my mind to fully wake up and remember where I was, forgetting for a moment that I wasn't home.

Blinking the fog out of my eyes I looked down at the tattooed arm draped across my stomach. I followed it up and noticed a hand was grabbing one of my boobs over the shirt I threw on last night. I couldn't turn my head to see who was wrapped around me but I didn't need to.

My mind took that moment to replay everything that happened last night. From Logan pinning me against the door so I wouldn't leave, to being pounded into the bed until we were both exhausted.

Despite being sore between my legs I felt myself pulse just thinking of the things Logan did last night. I waited for the regret to come forward but none came. There was no part of me that regretted what we did last night. How could I when it was the best night of my life?

The stupid voice in my head tried to rear its head. What if Logan didn't feel the same way? I instantly silenced that thought. There is no way Logan didn't feel what I felt last night. Not with the way he moaned dirty things in my ear and only stopped long enough for us to catch our breath before his hand was between my thighs again.

I had no clue what time it was but there was no way I was getting out of Logan's hold. Who would have thought he liked to cuddle. My lips tugged up at the way he held my boob, like it was comforting. Not a single part of me wanted to move. Being wrapped in Logan's arms felt like home. Like I was meant to be right here and never leave.

I wasn't sure how long I laid there when Logan moved. I for sure thought he would wake up but instead he got even more comfortable. His head moving to my chest, his arm wrapping even tighter around my waist and tugging me towards his body. Even his legs were intertwined with mine.

I know Logan hasn't ever said but I know sleep doesn't come easy. For months I heard my brother pacing around the house when he came home from deployment. Would hear him waking up in the middle of the night screaming. He thought I didn't hear but I did. I know the signs. Logan can try and hide the fact he doesn't sleep but when he's at the bakery just as early as I am, eyes droopy, I know what is going on.

That is why I wasn't planning on moving until he was ready to get up. Logan's new position freed up my arm, letting me softly run my fingers through his hair. I was too caught up in everything last night to focus on how soft his hair was. The silky strands softer then I even imagined.

Even with a 200lb pure muscle man laying on top of me I was comfortable. The room was a bit cold but Logan was acting as my own personal heater. I laid there, eyes closing, as I ran my fingers through Logan's hair.

I almost started falling back to sleep, when Logan move. My hands stilled in his hair as I felt him tense on top of me. I didn't make a noise as Logan moved slowly moved off of me, sitting up in the bed with his back to me.

My eyes were glued to his back. It was then I noticed something I hadn't last night. My eyes widened as I noticed multiple scars along his back. There were two long cuts, like someone had a knife and swiped it across his back. They weren't that raised and looked to be a few years older. I winced imagining how painful those must have been.

When my eyes landed on the next scar I stilled. I knew that scar. I've seen that scar on my brother. Logan's been shot? How did I not feel that last night? Every part of me wanted to ask what happened but I knew if I did he wouldn't answer.

Being around my brother and the vets at the VA I learned that if someone wanted to talk about their scars they had to bring it up themselves. So instead I bit my tongue and sat there silently. He had yet to talk, making the tension in the room grow.