foreword

WHEREFORE ART THOU ROMEO

▃▃▃

INTRODUCTION

Hello and thank you for choosing to read Wherefore Art Thou Romeo?  Your support is endlessly appreciated and I hope that you enjoy your time here! If you do then votes and comments are endlessly appreciated, I love engaging with other users and responding to their feedback or thoughts!

Also, it isn't unusual for me to work on two stories at once. For example, I worked on Cause for Concern and Pride & Joy simultaneously, and worked on Third Time's A Charm and Love Thy Neighbor simultaneously. While I work on the longer The Best of Us, Wherefore Art Thou Romeo will be considered my shorter project to work on in the meantime!

Further information and insight relating to the book is available below so feel free to read!

▃▃▃

SUMMARY

Romeo Valentini's life is ruled by apathy: he has meaningless sex, plenty of failed friends-with-benefits relationships and a general dissatisfaction with his inability to fall in love.

Then he begins spending time with the reckless and rousing Rodney Richards, who is unlike anyone he has ever met.

Rodney, never out of trouble, makes Romeo feel alive and, as he begins to finally escape his apathy, he wonders if this is the love he's been waiting for all along.

But he soon realizes that there is a ugliness to loving Rodney— one that he did not expect— and the relationship that Romeo dreamed of for so long may be what returns him to apathy forever.

▃▃▃

CHAPTER INFORMATION

There will be twenty chapters overall and I expect they will be around 2500 words. They will also be written in third person!

Updates will not follow a specific or structured schedule. They will just be published as soon as I can get them written and somewhat edited. Therefore I imagine that the spaces between chapters will vary, but I am aiming to have the book fully published / completed by February 2023.

▃▃▃

EPIGRAPH

Sorry about the blood in your mouth. I wish it was mine.
I couldn't get the boy to kill me, but I wore his jacket for the longest time.
― Richard Siken, Little Beast

❛ Everyone needs a place. It shouldn't be inside of someone else.
― Richard Siken, Detail of The Woods

❛ Actually, you said Love, for you,
is larger than the usual romantic love. It's like a religion. It's terrifying.
— Richard Siken, Litany in Which Certain Things Are Crossed out

▃▃▃

DATES
published: 28. october. 2022.
first chapter: early november. 2022.
completed: ???

▃▃▃

THEMES

love
sex
bisexuality
trust
romance
relationships
dating
heartbreak
commitment
apathy
emotional connection

▃▃▃

COPYRIGHT

I hope this doesn't come across as arrogant, but do not copy this work!

I have had experiences in the past where people have copied my work or posted adaptions without my consent or knowledge. Therefore, if any of this is stolen then I will report the reposted story and block the account!

I also do not accept adaptations, translations or anything else. If you ever see this posted somewhere else then please inform me so that I can take the necessary action! Thank you <3

▃▃▃

OTHER WORKS

complete

i. Sun Kissed (2021) — Two boys, an ice cream store and a summer to fall in love.

ii. Cause for Concern (2021) — Professional disaster Max Oran learns to adapt to his new life after his dad kicks him out to his mom's and he's forced to transfer schools, finding himself a new group of misfits in the process.

iii. Pride & Joy (2021) — Nate Pembroke makes Denver Hughes an offer he can't refuse as they both attempt to cope with their own private losses.

iv. Third Time's A Charm (2022) — Exes twice over, Brooks Dawson and Archie Holland decide to take a third and final shot at love, risking their hearts and their friendships in the process.

v. Love Thy Neighbor (2022) — Blake Collins moves in next door and Luca Mendoza's life turns upside down.

ongoing

vi. The Best of Us (2022) — Seventeen year old Tucker Bailey's life is spiraling out of control and he wants to get it back but the road ahead is a long one, and if Tucker takes a wrong turn then he doesn't just risk losing himself. He risks losing everything.

vii. Wherefore Art Thou Romeo? (2022) — ♡ !