SIXTY-THREE

thea woke to the smell of heidi's feet.

"lovely," she muttered under her breath, sitting up in her bed.

after last night, heidi had come back to their house - and for old times sake - they slept head to toe in thea's double bed.

the german's bedroom hadn't changed, really. same bed, same wardrobe, same mirror, same desk

yawning, she got out of the bed, glancing at the digital clock on the side table reading 8:42am. she slowly got up, putting a random one of her hoodies ontop of her pajams before walking quietly to the bathroom.

the brunette girl spent the next 10 minutes brushing her teeth and freshening up. after, she exited, heading downstairs for breakfast.

rubbing her eyes, she entered the kitchen but was frozen in surprise at who she saw.

kai was in her house.

in her kitchen.

making...coffee....and talking to her dad?

he spotted thea out of the corner of his eye and flashed her a smile. "morning," he nodded, "coffee? no milk, 3 sugars? i think that's right..i-i think that's what you put in your mug - uh, the last time i was here...?"

thea slightly regained control over her body as she walked forwards, dumbfounded, yet still accepting her hot drink. "how the hell did you remember that?"

she got no response but instead turned to her dad who was sitting at the dining table reading the newspaper. the brunette gave him a look, to which is he just confusingly stared back.

"why is he..." she mouthed.

"you're not the only one he's allowed to hang out with, schatz," her dad spoke in german, jokingly, "i invited him thea. i have his number."

"i don't remember giving you his number," thea frowned, racking her brain.

"you didn't. i got it from his parents."

thea's phase flooded with realisation a she took a sip of her coffee. it tasted perfect.

kai leaned his back against the counter, looking at the two becker's in amusement. thea hated to admit it...but he did look good. the footballer was currently wearing baggy black jeans, a white sweater and he had a flannel jacket that was currently on the back of one of the chairs.

thea awkwardly scratched her kneck before speaking again. "so-uh kai, what's up?"

"not much," he shrugged, a grin on his face, "how was your dinner last night?"

"really good thank you," the german girl blushed slightly, "i didn't realise i missed the food there."

"and the bottomless drink?"

"yeah, i'm so sorry about that," thea babbled, "it was heidi's idea-"

"i'm kidding, thea, i'm kidding," he laughed, shaking his head, "anyway, i've got something to tell you."

thea paused, wondering what he would say, before nodding.

"so," he cleared his throat, "we're going out for the day."

"we are?"

"i told you, your birthday present isn't over yet!" he teased, causing thea to roll her eyes.

"you don't have to do anything else for my birthday-"

"i want to," he cut her off, "i want to spend time with you."