Chapter 11

The next day, all the men of the family had gone to work.

While Insia was working on her piece, Ameena barged inside, " Insia!!!!! "
Last night, around 2am, Ameena texted Insia about how ashamed she was for not standing up for her. Though Insia had forgiven her, Ameena kept sending cringy apology memes until Insia had to face time her to tell her to go to sleep.

"kia hua?!" Insia asked worriedly.
Ameena jumped up and down like a monkey," Oh my god oh my god. Look who texted me."
" Mehraab?" Insia asked her in an excited voice matching hers.

" Yesssss."
"Number kese mila usse?" Ameena asked.
" Pata nhe. " Insia replied eventhough it was her whom Mehraab had asked for the number.

" Jhooti." Ameena said and hugged her hard.
"Thank you jigri." she said to Insia.
" Haan obviously.... Agr vo na mangta to me us ke daant tor deti." Insia replied proudly.
" Chalo issi baat pr shopping pr chalte hn. Zakariya baji ki shadi 15 dinon me shuru ho rhi hai aur tum ne ik bhi suit nhe lia. Kia aese purane kapro me jao gi."

" Keh to theek rho ho. Lekin bahut kaam para hai." Insia replied.

" Shut up shut up . Kaam ho jaye ga. Abhi chalo."

Both girls went to the shopping mall where Ameena did most of the shopping . Insia wouldn't like even a single thing but reluctantly bought a dress for herself.

" Omg, that is stunning. You have buy this." Ameena said.

" Should I?" Insia grinned but she felt no connection with the dress.

After a long day both girls came home,
and greeted Tayi and chachi in the main room.

" Ami hum itni cheezen lain hn."

Ameena showed everything to her mother and chahchi.

Then Ameena pulled out Insia's dress .
" Mashallah. bahut khoobsurat hai. Bilkul Insia ki tarah."

"Uff pat nhe kitna mehnga hoga. Insia beta ap ke paas ye khareedne ke paise the kia?" her chachi asked.

" . Baba ne shopping karai hai hume. Ap kiun pooch rhi hn piyari chaachi?" Ameena mocked her.

" Aese hi. matlab itne paise lge honge. Aese hi zaya krne vaali baat hai ik hi din to pehnna hai."

" Insia ke saal me ik bar ache kaprey khareedne se paise zaya nhe hote. Albatta ap ki beti ke har roz shopping krne se hote hn."

Her chachi got mad and went away.

" Good job Ameena." Tayi ammi said.

All three of them laughed but Insia was tired of this everyday thing.

In the evening, Insia was sitting in the garden reading a book when suddenly the main gate was opened and Wali's car came inside.

Oh shit...

She wanted to flee but too late, he already saw.

" Assalamualikum" he said as he walked up to her in a black tailored suit .

" Walikumassalam."
she said as she got up. She contemplated where to go but the Wali said," tum betho . Me ammi ke paas ja rha hun."

Uff, bach gyi.

The next few weeks went in a flash and Zakariya's wedding was in just 2 days.
The Mir Mansion was decorated with flowers and lights. The entire mansion was illuminated by lights that could probably serve as a lighthouse if someone got lost.

Zakariya had ubtan all over her.

Today was Zakariya's final dholki.
All the girls got ready in their dresses.
Insia wore a pretty white dress with red embroidery with a simple bun and a classic red lip.