Chapter 18

I made some pesto egg-in-a-hole, (MEDIA) for Matt and me.

"Looks good, love." Matt sits down on the other side and looks at the food.

"Thank you. I put my best effort in them." I grin and take a bite.

"Mhm, it's good too." Matt says while eating.

I smile. "Thank you."

My smile drops when Jaden and Madi walk in. They hate Matt for what he did. I heard Jaden calling Matt the other day and Jaden was screaming at him to shut the fuck up and he was saying my name. Madi obviously knows and hates him too. She tried to do everything for me to get over him but now I'm actually dating him.

"Hey Matt," Madi smiles at Matt. Surprisingly.

Matt smiles and takes another bite.

"Matt, what the fuck?" Jaden takes a step closer and looks mad as hell.

"Jaden!" I say standing up.

"What Hazel? Weren't you just crying about him yesterday?" Jaden says.

"Jaden, please stop. Me and Matt are good now." I say.

"Good now, huh? Because he gave you flowers and McDonald's? Fuck off Hazel. I don't understand you anymore. Matt changed you, in a bad way." He scoffs.

"How could you say that?" I'm about to cry.

"Don't fucking cry Hazel. Grow the fuck up. Let me talk to Matt!" He screams. Madi pulls him away.

I start crying and grab Matts hand. "Let's go." I say pulling him away from the table.

We go to my room and I lock the door behind me. Matt hugs me and I cry in his chest.

"It's okay, it's okay." He whispers. "It's gonna be okay, he's just a little mad. I'm sorry."

"I don't understand why he's so mad. He knows I can't handle people screaming at me and always comforts me when people do that. But now he does it himself and tells me to not cry. Like, what the fuck?" I wipe my tears away.

"I know, it's all my fault. I know you can't handle that Hazel. I'm sorry." He says and looks in my eyes.

"Don't say sorry. I'm just a crybaby." I sigh.

"No you're not. What Jaden says isn't fair and it's okay to cry. It's okay to cry about it, it's not okay to think about it to much." He says and strokes some hair out of the way and slowly kisses my forehead.

I smile. "Your amazing." I FUCKING LOVE YOU!!!!

Someone bangs on the door. Probably Jaden. I unlock the door and open it a little.

"Where is he?" Jaden asks.

Madi walks our way. "Jaden, you don't know everything. Please, leave her alone. She's your sister." Madi shouts our way.

"Yeah, and he is my bestfriend and he has hurt my little sister!"

I look at Matt and see him sitting on the ground with his face in his hands.

"Jaden, you are an actual bitch. Leave me alone." I close the door and lock it again.

I sit next to Matt and lay my head on his shoulder. He wraps his arms around me and I wrap mine around him. "I don't deserve you." He mumbles.

***

At work I don't talk to Nori that much. We just talk about what we are gonna do this weekend.

It's now 2 weeks later, me and Matt have hung out a lot at his place and I've been avoiding Jaden these whole two weeks. I hung out with Madi and Nori once but we didn't really talk about Matt. They asked me about it but I just asked if they couldn't talk about it and just have fun for a moment. Even tho Matt is the only one who makes me happy at this point.