The call

Waking up groggily Edith searched around her bed, only finding buttercup.

She crawled out of bed with her bunny in hand, as soon as she stood on the ground she felt the weight of her full nappy sagging, making a whine escape her lips.

She waddled into her closet and crawled pass the door to Cecily's room, only to find the bed made and curtains open, searching around Edith can't help but frown when she doesn't find Cecily.

She grabs one Cecily's hoodies and crawls back to her closet grabbing a pair shorts.

Putting buttercup on the bathroom sink, she gets undress and does the tapes of the nappy, letting it plop to ground before throwing it away.

She pulls out a pull up and opens it up adding baby powder on it messily before putting it on along with the shorts and hoodie that looks more like a dress on Edith.

Opening the door she finds Max waiting for her on her phone, "morning Edith."

"Morning," Edith mumbles holding Buttecup closer.

Edith turns and walks down the stairs to the kitchen,

"Did she really fight lady Magnus?" Edith hears from the kitchen, her steps faltered.

"The queen swung at her and everything,"

Max eyes go wide reaching Edith and hearing the gossip from the kitchen staff.

"Where's Ceci?" Edith asked Max.

"In parliament in a meeting"

Did she forget about me, Edith thinks. Without a second though turns around and walks up stairs, Max scrambling after her. "Where you going?"

"My room,"

"What about breakfast?" Max furrowed her eyebrows, worried, Edith was small enough as it is. She couldn't have her lose more weight.

"Make sure Ceci gets hers, I'm not hungry."

Edith goes to her room, Max following behind as she hides in her tent closing the curtains. Max can't help but feel for her and be angry at Cecily's actions.

She sat down in front of Edith's tent with a sigh, "how about we go for a picnic?"

Edith didn't answer, glancing around Max spotted the second book to the series had read to her.
She picked it up, "you know what I want to do Edith?"

After a few seconds of silence, "What?" Edith small voice asked.

"To find out what happens in this book," she slid it under the tent, "could you read it to me?"

Slowly Edith peeked out of the tent hugging buttercup and the book, "really?"

"Come on you left me on a cliff hanger! I need to know what happens." Max says dramatically making Edith giggle.

Edith opens the curtains and pats the empty space beside her, "take a seat in my library."

"My pleasure," Max sat comfortably surprised by how big the tent really was inside

Edith leaned against her and opened the book, as she started to read Max ran her hands through her soft hair.

——————

A knock came at the door a grumpy looking AJ grumbled plopped on Edith's bed.

Max covered Edith's ears, "She in a craze?"

"It's a nightmare!" He complained, "No one is allowed to even breath,"

Edith pulled Max's hands away. "Ceci done with work?"