Andaaz e Wafa - 4

نشہ رہتا ہے تیرے ہونٹوں کا، لوگ کہتے ہیں میں نے پی رکھی ہے۔

لوگ کہتے ہیں میں نے پی رکھی ہے۔

Wafa entered the living room with red rimmed eyes and tried to hide them by looking down. Every elder noticed her condition but they couldn't do anything. Other than to what they were already doing.

"Idar mere pas ake betho beta" Mrs Hamdani called her. A graceful lady wearing a pastel embroider shalwar kamiz. She smiled towards her and sat beside her.

Wafa didn't know what was going on around her. Neither did Tehmina begum who was as absent as Wafa. Boys of the Lal Haveli were grilling Yawar. Hassan was typing on Whatsapp to his PA for Yawar's information. Ridhwan was enquiring about his business acquisitions, meanwhile Numair was as serious as ever asking about his hobbies, likes and dislikes in a very aunty like manner.

Talal sahab waved at Humaira and Maliha to take Wafa away and the boys were rushed outside as well. Wafa came to her room and just sobbed uncontrollably. One thing was to feign confidence and the other was to actually go through it.

Angar left the house after cornering Wafa but he couldn't find peace anywhere. He couldn't work, couldn't even hold a proper conversation. He decided to go back home at this point. He entered his room and got startled for a bit as he saw his mother standing there. He couldn't remember when was the last time he saw his mother enter his room.

"Ab to narazgi chor do Angar, beta I am sending her away. The reason of your anger and the rift between us is leaving this house for good." Tehmina begum said and despite being happy to take a step towards her son, a sob left her mouth.

Angar stood there frozen and Tehmina begum saw the agony and the misery in his eyes.

"Apni mama ko gale nahi lagaoge?" Tehmina begum asked with so much hope and tears in her eyes. She opened her arms and he still stood there frozen with fists closed at his side, gritting his teeth to control his emotions. He was frozen, he didn't know what to do at this point.

Tehmina begum started crying at this point and was about to leave the room when Wafa entered the room. She was waiting outside as she was the one who brought Tehmina begum here. More or less told her what to say as well. Tehmina begum was angry with Angar. Wafa didn't see the point of it anymore so urged her to come here. But after watching their interaction she stood there fuming. She was giving away her whole life to an unwanted person and here he wasn't even willing to fix the broken parts.

"Ruk jaye mama.." Wafa told her and grabbed her hand and brought her towards Angar.

"All he wants you to do is hug him mama, he's too big of an egoistic baby to take the first step" Wafa said rolling her eyes and urged them to hug.

At last she grabbed his hand and brought him closer to Tehmina begum and that's when finally the ice broke. He hugged Tehmina begum and couldn't control his tears. Tehmina begum was crying as well. Wafa stood there smiling through her tears. If she was the problem and her sacrifice could fix everything between them. What they didn't know was that she was willing to do anything for it.