Ch. 3

Cameron's POV

I sat on the floor of my cell thinking about the whole situation.

Suddenly the smell of pineapple and green apple hit my nose making my senses go mad.

'Mate!' My wolf screamed in my head and I quickly got up from my spot on the floor and stumbled over my feet to get to the cell door.

The elevator started to run and I waited patiently until the doors opened.

A woman was rolled before my cell in a wheelchair an eye patch covering her right eye. My eyes widened. She's wolf. But she's paralyzed. What can paralyze a wolf?

When she got in front of me her head snapped up.

'Mate! Mate! Brake down the cell door we have to hold mate!' My wolf frantically whined in my head.

Her brown eye scanned my face as she looked me over. Her eye wide as she watched my every giddy move.

"Tate." She called for the man without breaking eye contact.

"Luna?" He said walking up glaring at me.

My eyes widened. The Luna? She was so young. And she's paralyzed. They have her running the pack?

"Take me back. I need to go." She whispered frantically.

Wait! What?! Where is she going? I freaked out and watched her in desperation, speechless.

"But Kaylin. What about the rogue?" He said confused.

"I'll deal with the rogue later. First I have to take my daughter and Camille to get registered in school." She said pushing herself toward the elevator when Tate wouldn't.

She has a daughter?! The thought of another man's hands on her made my wolf angry and a low growl emanated from my chest. Tate turned with wide eyes and then glared. My mate doing the same.

"I knew you weren't an omega." He snapped. Grabbing my neck through the cell bars and squeezing. "What's your real rank?"

I saw no point in hiding it since he knew that I wasn't an omega anyway.

"Alpha." I snarled and his grip dropped from my neck.

He turned to my mate with a questioning look.

"What now? We can't keep an alpha in the cells." He said.

She sighed looking at me frustrated and confused.

"Bring him to the pack house and put him in one of the rooms. Put your best men to guard the door." She sighed rubbing her face before looking at me. "You won't run away will you? Or cause problems?"

I shook my head.

"Okay. Do that. I'll come talk with him after I get the kids enrolled in school." She said and Tate nodded.

She rolled into the elevator and went up. Tate glared at me before opening the door.

"Come on." He groaned and I followed him up the stairs hoping I'd meet my mate at the top but she was already gone.

"So the Luna, she runs this pack by herself?" I asked as I followed Tate.

"No." He snapped.

"Is there an alpha?"

He turned around and stepped right in front of me.

"You may be an alpha but that woman is like a little sister to me. If you ask anymore questions about her or her family I will bash your face in. You hear? You're in our territory now. So shut your mouth and hope she doesn't chose to kill you." He snarled in my face.