Chapter 20: Knock?

Chapter 20

Emily's P.O.V

"Hey Emily your mom is looking for y- WHAT THE FUC*!" Jake yelled. We looked at him in shocked and separated.

"Is that a bear!!?" He yelled point behind us. In fact there was a bear, walking around. I don't think a fence could hold a bear from coming in. What if he does come in and eat us?

"Wow that's just crazy right? Ha ha ha" I was kind of panicking for the situation he just witness, but he is acting calm about it, or was it just the bear that got his attention?

"So you guys a couple now?" Jake asked with a goofy smile. Here I thought he didn't see us. But was Ryan and I a couple? Or just friends, I doubt friends kiss.

"Yes, we are" Ryan said, cutting me out of my thoughts.

"We are?" I asked, a little bit shocked.

"Yes, we are" he assure me. I just smile at him like an idiot.

"Well it was about time, I shipped you guys long time ago." Jake said. "Hey, let's tell everyone the news!"

"Yeah... wait!! Jake!" I yelled for him when he was heading to the door.

"You can't tell anyone, especially my mom," I said, walking towards him.

"Why? You think she wouldn't approve? "He asked.

"No, I don't think, I know she wouldn't approve. She doesn't like Ryan."

"Oh I see, well your secret is safe with me, strawberry."

"Aw thanks, Jake" I said, kissing his cheek.

"Yeah yeah, now go inside. Before you give me cooties"
---------------------------------------
It was 12am and I was wide awake. I wonder what Ryan is doing, after we enter the house mom asked me to fix the bed for us. So we didn't get to talk.

When I was almost falling asleep my phone vibrated. Who the heck is texting me in this hour? most of my friends think I'm dead, so it can't be them."

Hey beautiful the text said, it was from Ryan. How did he get my number again?

Hey, can't sleep? I replied.

Yeah, I can't sleep because of you.

Because of me? I asked

Yeah, your beautiful face keeps distracting me. Aw, I think my heart just melted.

Aww I replied

Yeah you ruined it, so why isn't my girlfriend asleep?

Girlfriend? I don't remember you asking me to be your girlfriend.

Knock, knock It read. Knock? I was going to ask what that meant when someone knocked at the door. I got up and when I opened the door Ryan was there.

"Emily, will you be my girlfriend?" He asked. I pull him out in the hallway and closed the door behind me, before my mom could wake up.

"You're crazy, you know that right" I told him.

"And you haven't answered my question."

"If I kiss you, would that answer your question?" I asked.

"Maybe..." He said, giving me a smirk.

"Ok then" I came closer to him, but before or lips could touch I pull away.

"I would love to be your girlfriend." I said smiling, then I turn around and head for the door.

"What about our kiss?" Asked Ryan, in a sad tone.

"You will have to wait until tomorrow, babe" I said, being sarcastic on the 'babe' part.

"You're such a tease" he said, while smiling.

"Night, Ryan"

"Night, beautiful"

Don't forget to vote