10 - Possessive

"Your boyfriend's here"

"Mooom, he's not my boyfriend" I hurriedly fixed my hair and took a last look of myself in the mirror.

"I didn't say he's your boyfriend, I said your friend that is a boy is here" I rolled my eyes at my mom who was leaning on my door frame as I pass by her to get to the door. "Be home before 12 and use condoms, will you?"

"Mom!" She just snickered at me.

"How come you're invited and I'm not?" I heard Brent whine as I pass by him sitting on the couch in the living room.

"Sucks to be you" I replied before opening the door and stepping out. In front, is a handsome smirking Ricky leaning his back on a car that looked like it would take my whole family fortune to buy.. fucking rich kid. Note to self, when this dickhead becomes alpha I'm never paying the pack taxes.

He stood straight, raised his hand to his chest and bowed dramatically. "Your carriage awaits"

"Right, and you'd be the horse"

He gasped "you're so mean" I just chuckled and hopped on the passenger seat while he hopped in to the driver's seat.

"Ready?"

"It's just a party, Ricky" he just shrugged before driving off to wherever the party is at.

When we arrived to the party, Rick was immediately surrounded by people. He's like a celebrity. He tried to hold my hand and take me with him but I made an excuse saying I need to go to the bathroom so I could stay away from the annoying crowd. Why did I have to agree in going to this party. Oh right, I was bewitched.

The party is being held in the neighboring pack's packhouse. It's just like an ordinary teenage party where you can see drunk teens, couples making out even before entering the pack house. Its a wild party... and I hate it.

I spot an empty table with a chair so I decided to stay there after taking a soda and chips from where the foods and drinks were being displayed. I refuse to get drunk in this unfamiliar surroundings. I stayed there the entire time alone, playing with my phone, even during the introduction of their alpha. Ricky was still talking and drinking with other people and I let him be. After a while, I felt someone stand in front of my table and I look up to see the alpha that was the reason for this party. He's.. attractive.

"Hi" he uttered with a smile and a glass of drink in his hand.

"Hi" I smiled

"May I join you?"

"Yeah sure" he put his glass on the table and grab a chair to put infront of me.

"I'm Stephen" he held out his hand for a shake and I shook his hand

"I'm Jamie, nice to meet you"

"So uhm, you don't seem like you're from this pack"

"Oh I'm from Blue lake pack. I came here with a friend"

"hmm? but I don't see anyone with you"

"He's right there" I pointed to where Ricky is at

"Now, why would he ditch such a pretty fella?" He grinned

I chuckled "thanks. And he didn't ditch me, I ditched him. I kinda don't want to interact with the crowd he's with"

"Okay. Can I get you a drink?"

"No, I'm good, th-" I was cut off when some drunk guy swayed and bump my chair making me spill my drink that I was holding forward onto Stephen's shirt. "Oh my goddess, I'm so sorry Alpha Stephen." I hurriedly stood up and  patted his shirt with some tissues.

"Please just Stephen, and its alright" he held my wrist to stop me from patting his shirt dry

"I'm really really sorry"

"If you're really sorry then buy me a meal" he grinned

Before I could reply I was engulfed by Ricky's scent and I felt an arm snake around my waist from behind and another arm reached for my wrist that was being held by Stephen. Ricky leaned his chin on my shoulder while pulling my hand from Stephen's grasp. He then buried his face to my neck.

"Jamie, I'm dizzy" I heard him mutter while he nuzzled my neck.

..

Stephen's POV

"Are you okay?" Jamie asked the guy clinging from behind him. I know him. He's the alpha from the neighboring pack. We were introduced to each other a while ago. Are they in a relationship? But Jamie said he's just a friend.

"I'm oka-" his gaze went to me and then he smirked "No, Jamie. I'm not. Let me lean on you." he continued, his voice suddenly becoming whiny.

I'm pretty sure he's not drunk.

First of, alphas don't get drunk easily. Second, I can tell from the way he's glaring at me.

"Why did you have to drink so much then?" Jamie asked him. He couldn't see his face because of their position so he couldn't see Rick glaring at me.

"Hmmmm, I don't know" his voice is whiny but his eyes are glaring at me while he nuzzles Jamie's neck.

Jamie twisted his body to face him, he palmed his face to raise it and look at it and Rick's glaring eyes immediately turned soft, looking at Jamie with droopy eyes and a pout.

Pretentious bastard.

"Do you wanna puke or something?"

Rick's hand held Jamie's hand that was on his face while his other hand tightened around his waist.
"Hhmm no"

"You seem pretty drunk, I think it would be better for you to go home now" I intervened. He leaned his head to Jamie's shoulder while his eyes are back to glaring at me.

"Do you wanna go home first? Hmm? I'll take you home" Jamie offered tenderly

"You'll take me home? Yes take me, I wanna go home please" I rolled my eyes at that.

"Okay, I will" Jamie turned his head to me "I'm sorry Stephen, I gotta take care of this drunkard" he smiled apologetically

"Yeah, no problem"

"Here, gimme your phone, I'll give you my number so I can buy you that meal" I gave him my phone and he started typing but Rick groaned and nuzzled on his neck more. "Get a hold of yourself, will you?" Jamie muttered before continuing his typing with one hand while the other hand was patting Rick on his back.

Jamie returned my phone and proceeded to support Rick on walking out of the packhouse after saying his goodbye to me.

Are they really just friends?