Chapter 18

I wake up to the sound of Egan's phone ringing. I realize I'm still laying on top of him so I slide off of him. He answers the phone and can I feel the annoyance radiating off of him.

When I start to shift away, he wraps his arm around me so I am still pressed against his side.

I curl into him and rest my head on his chest.

"Stop calling," Egan growls into the phone making me open my eyes to look up at him.

I try to sit up but Egan's arm holds me in place.

"Because she's sleeping," he angerly replies, but this time he speaks softer.

"Is that Pierson?" I ask.

Egan glances down at me and nods his head.

"She was until your calls woke her up," he shoots back. I successfully sit up and hold my hand out for the phone.

Egan hands it to me and while watching me carefully.

"Hi," I sleepily greet Pierson. I scoot back on the bed and rest my back against the headboard.

Egan gets up and walks into the bathroom.

"Kaydence," Pierson sighs in relief.

"What's wrong?" I ask him.

"I was just worried that I hadn't heard from you," I glance over at the clock that says it's 8:00 in the morning.

"It's 8:00 and its Saturday," I laugh.

"How is it going?" he questions.

"Better," I vaguely reply while wiping the sleep out of my eyes.

"Good. Do you still want me to come and pick you up?" he asks.

"No, I want to stay," I tell him.

He's silent for a moment.

"Did you sleep okay?" His question holds a different meaning. He wants to know if I had a panic attack.

"Yeah, I slept really good actually," I reply.

"Great. Well, if you need me to come just text me," he reminds.

"I will," I say already regretting calling him out of anger yesterday.

"Have a good week," he says before hanging up. Egan walks out of the bathroom and I hold out his phone to him.

"You slept really good?" he says while raising his eyebrows.

"Really good for me," I shrug while getting out of bed.

I walk over to my suitcase and find jeans and a top to change into. I grab my bathroom bag and go into the bathroom.

Once I'm changed, I walk back into Egan's bedroom and put my pajamas in my suitcase. I walk back into the bathroom and start combing my hair so I can straighten it.

Egan walks into the bathroom and rests his back against the counter.

I spray heat protectant in my light brown hair and start to straighten it.

I glance over at him watching me.

"I want to know what your dream was about," he comments.

"Why?" I ask.

"I could feel your distress, it was intense," he reveals.

"Bad dreams usually are," I point out.

"Do you have the same dream at Pierson's?" he asks.

"Not the exact same, but similar," I respond.

"Are they about us?" he says softly while running a hand over the scruff on his face. I think he would look good with a beard.