14|swirling

He gripped her by the waist and pulled her closer allowing the pan to fall from her hands. Thea's hands found his freed collar, gripping them as their breaths became hurried and sharp.

He finally let go, whispering her name into the night. "Thea." She breathed tremulously and watched as his nose streamed down the side of her face to her neck and he sucked. She gasped and moaned softly into the night as he kissed and tightened his hands around her. He walked her to the couch slowly as he kissed her on her cheeks, jaw, neck...

His hands gripped her everywhere and he squeezed desperately trying to get her closer. His lips found hers once more and she finally tasted the alcohol in them.

He was drunk!

She finally came to her senses. He only came to her because he was drunk. Not necessary because he had forgotten what happened between them. Tears gathered in her eyes as she felt him reach for her night dress. Fighting the urge to continue and relive the lost feeling of his lips on her, she gently helped him to the couch.

"Stay," he said to her but she didn't listen. She walked further away from him into the house, shutting the door as mild as she could. She slid down her door and found comfort on the floor as she wept.

God! What should she do? She was still attracted to him and there was nothing she could do about it.

---

Dawn opened the door to reveal a not very happy Samuel with his phone placed on his ears. He sighed in irritation.

"Sorry," she muttered. His hair was well arranged and his suit black and fitted. She glanced at herself one more time, she was nowhere prepared for the day unlike him. She wondered how a man could look this good in a suit.

"Well can I come in?" Samuel asked and she walked away from the door giving him room to walk in comfortably.

"Have a seat," she insisted.

"We Thank you, I prefer standing." He told her.

"Well, get to the point immediately, I have somewhere I am supposed to be." Samuel told her and she rolled her eyes in reply.

"His name is Zachary Phillips and he was an engineering student then." She said. "Then..." She trailed off.

"Then?"

"What do you care for first?"

"I didn't come here to merry Dawn I have to be on my way." He told her.

"Then you won't know what I have to say," she blurted out hurriedly.

"I'll find out anyways." Samuel found his way out of the house. "Thank you anyways for the name," he said before shutting the door behind him.

She cursed in defeat.

---

Mr. Ryder put on the lights in his room as he stumbled in with a lose tie and an unwell tucked in shirt. His hair disarranged by constant hand combing.

"And where have you been?" He paused for a moment then retraced his steps a little. His wife glared at him in anger.

"Work? At 6am in the morning?" He said nothing. "Where were you last night?"

"I told you I was working!" He snapped and Elizabeth scoffed in reply.

"Your reek of alcohol and yet you lie to my face?!" She blurted out. "I was waiting all night," she said to him.

"I never asked you to!" He told her.

"Austin," her voice cam out weak and confused than she planned. She scoffed one more time then walked out of his room without hesitation.

"Elizabeth," he cursed when his attempt to call her was fruitless. He combed his hair once more time.

---

Ashton moaned in pain, stirring to a more comfortable position on the sofa. He finally let his eyes open after sometime.

Staring at his environment while lying down, he thought this place was familiar.

He got up from his initial position when he heard the chirping of birds. Gosh! It was morning already. He must have drank so much last night, he couldn't put his memory together.

The noise coming from another end of the room caused him to finally stand and walk to the source, taking a better look at his environment.

The sitting room, or what it looks like, was almost empty except for some necessary things like three cushion, a small center table with a small case of flower on in making it look presentable enough. He finally stopped when the figure froze in front of him.

"Thea?"

"You are awake," she stated and then walked around him to reach for something on the small fridge.

Where could they get something so small? He shook his head at the thought when she stood before him with two seeds of drug which he took with the glass of water she gave him.

"What am I doing here?" She reached the cooker again to continue what she was making, not stopping to stare at him for even a second.

"I am the one that's meant to ask you Ash, why are you here?"

"Finally, you decide to say my name." he stated quietly and she stopped for sometime before continuing.

"We're off work hours." She said to him.

"How did I get here?"

"Don't you remember barging into my house last night?" She asked and he shook his head.

"Well, you don't remember anything?" She asked unsure. She finally sighed and put off the gas.

"Now that you are okay, you can leave now, there's nothing keeping you here."

His eyes never left her even though she was trying her best to avoid them. "Did..... something happen last night?" She paused for a while before matching his stare.

"Did something happen that you remember, Ashton?"

He shook his head in reply. "That's the thing, I can't remember what-"

"Nothing happened last night," she blurted out, interrupting him.

For a while, he said nothing but after sometime he let out a sigh and nodded in agreement. "Fine then. Thank you for taking care of me last night. I-" he paused in his words. "I'm sorry if anything did happen between us that was-"

"Nothing happened between us Ashton. You made it pretty clear that you had a Fiancée just last night. Why would you think anything would happen between us?"

"It's the way you are looking at me, like something did happen." He said to her.

"How am I looking at you?" She busied herself once more. "Last night wasn't something I was supposed to remember either so either way, we forget." She said.

He stared at her for quite a while before nodding. "Sure. Where's mother?" He asked.

"She's not in." Thea said without missing a bit. Her heart slamming against her chest. She was scared of him asking more.

"Well then send my regards to her, I would love to see her sometime." Thea said nothing instead. He found his shoes by the corner of the couch which he slept.

At a time in the night, she finally broke out of her isolation to check on him only to find him asleep. She took off his shoes and went ahead to free him a bit. Loosening the buttons of his shirt, her attention was drawn to the chain around his wrist as his sleeves were rolled up.

The bracelet was her grandmother's and she gave it to Ashton on one of his birthdays when they'd just began dating.

It had gotten tighter around his wrist now unlike before. She wasn't sure he ever took it off. Her hands caressed his fingers softly before she pulled away and placed a lingering kiss on his cheeks.

Ashton wore his shoes immediately and walked out of the house. For a moment, he lingered at the door as if he never wanted to leave.

"Goodbye Thea," he said to her, finally finding the courage to shut the door.