27 - 𝘊𝘳𝘪𝘮𝘴𝘰𝘯 𝘐𝘤𝘦

Redder, and redder, and redder.....

We watched the blood soak into the wet red wooden floor. The fiery flames coming from the fireplace kept the dark liquid fresh and warm as the body on the floor was staring at me with her deep grey dead eyes.

"Is she...is she dead? Alison asked, still in shock from what happened.

"No one...no one loses this much blood and lives to tell the tale." I say standing up and looking away from Robin's body.

Billie sat on the couch, away from the body as she stared into oblivion. Shamed and guilty of what she had done, even if she did do it for her girlfriend's life. I looked into her blue eyes...so many emotions going through her all at once.

And I'm the reason why she's responsible for Robin being dead on the floor. I grab Billies hands trying to tell her it will be okay without actually saying anything.

"How could she do that to me?" Alison says as a few tears run down her cheek.

"I think she actually thought she did all of that for you." I say by accident making Ali feel more guilty that the person who did so many things for her is now lifeless on the ground.

"Alison..I need to tell you something." I say as I go to sit down beside her away from the blood.

"I'm so sorry. All I wanted was to pin Scar's murder on someone and everything led back to you, I never would have thought Robin was the one framing you by copying your handwriting and putting Scar's sweater with her notes and all of the other shit in your room. And I'm so sorry for scaring you with the gun and...um biting your arm and stuff....im just really sorry I was so mad at someone for killing Scar I didn't even realize you weren't the one I should have been mad at. " I put my hand to my jaw, feeling a sharp pain when I spoke from all the punches Robin threw at me earlier.

"I forgive you. I never thought she would threaten me like that. Maddy you don't understand Robin had .....psychological issues from her childhood and I never put the two together.. I'm sorry for being a bit of a bitch to you when we first met...I was jealous of you." Alison says, breathing heavily.

"Of me? Ali, you're one of the most pretty popular girls in our school." I reassure her.

"Yeah but you had Billie's attention and I didn't." She looks down at the floor. We all sit in silence for a few minutes.

"Is it bad that I feel relieved...?" Ali asks.

"She threatened to put your secret out Alison, something like that ruins people's lives. I don't blame you for feeling this way." I try smiling at her even though it physically pains me.

"Billie, I'm so sorry." I stand up as nonstop tears flow from my eyes and run into her arms. My tears run red before hitting the floor after picking up all the blood over my face.

"Did you really think I did it?" She hugs me back but is still in shock about the girl on the floor and her blood on Billie's hands.

"I did for a moment when I found the other half of the ring under your dresser and the autopsy on your laptop...I'm sorry I knew you would never do anything like that I was just so stupid and I wanted answers so I looked where there was none and I feel like shit im the worst girlfriend ever and if you wanna break up with me its-"

Billie's lips crashed into mine for a second while I felt a tear from her eyes drip down my face making me flinch in pain like salt to a wound. Her eyes closed so tightly as she kissed me.

I hurt her so much. The kiss was only a second, but it meant a lifetime of forgiveness.

"I love you so much...thank you for saving me Billie." I say tucking her raven hair behind her ear.