~3: Where He is Definitely Being Stalked~

"The best kind of people are the ones that come into your life and make you see the sun where you once saw clouds." 

CHAPTER 3: 

Where He is Definitely Being Stalked

~~**~~

|Archer|

Not this girl again.

I groaned internally when I saw Fallon Chambers waiting for me outside my chemistry lab. I drew my hood further over my head in hopes that she wouldn't notice me as I made my way inside the class.

"Archer! Hey!" She called out excitedly.

I huffed out a sigh and turned to face her. "You have this class too?" I asked her even though I already knew the answer.

She beamed up at me, not phased even a little by my clipped tone.

I took the opportunity to take in what she was wearing today. She had the most peculiar taste in clothes. Today she wore a yellow T-shirt that read "I love chairs." Which made absolutely no sense and she'd paired it off with a blue skirt.

"No, I don't. I was hoping to find you before class." She held up a small pink box in front of me. "I was hoping a strawberry cupcake would make you reconsider helping me with my car." When I didn't respond she continued "I work part-time at a café so I can get you all kinds of these sweet baked goods for free! Cupcakes, donuts, éclairs, you name it, I'll bring it." She looked at me with a hopeful expression that really annoyed me for some reason.

I gave her a blank look. "I don't like sweet things."

Her expression faltered. "Oh." She murmured.

I felt bad for a split second. This girl was clearly desperate.

I ran a hand through my hair awkwardly, making my hood fall back. "Look Fallon, I'm sorry but the answer is no and it's going to stay that way."

Fallon was about to respond but suddenly a voice interrupted. "Archer, hi!"

My heart sped up.

"Caroline." I gave her a subtle nod and she winked at me in response, her sky-blue eyes sparkled. I could feel the blood rushing to my face.

She looked perfect, like always.  Her shoulder-length blonde hair was in a high ponytail today and she was wearing her cheerleading uniform.

She turned to Fallon and her eyes crinkled as she laughed. "Oh my God, love the shirt! Fallon, right? I'm Caroline."

"Thank you! I saw you cheer at the Pep rally the other day and you owned that entire routine." Fallon complimented.

"You're sweet." Caroline blew Fallon a kiss before making her way inside class. She turned to look at me "I forgot my chemistry textbook at home, I hope you don't mind sharing yours."

"I don't mind," I answered instantly. I could feel my face heating up.

Fallon gave Caroline one of her megawatt smiles and waved but her focus quickly returned to me, she seemed to be studying me, which made me feel self-conscious.

"Class is about to start, I have to go," I muttered before hurrying inside.

~~**~~

I took my seat beside Caroline. We'd been assigned partners in the chemistry lab at the beginning of the school year and luckily my partner was Caroline.