Chapter 5

"I don't believe that (Y/N) is the culprit since she has always been willing to follow the rules. Are you sure that you have investigated properly?" Replied Ms. Suzuki frowning.

Your heart melted at how Ms. Suzuki defended you.

The man with a fedora answered, "Yes, we have proof from one of security cameras. For some reason, all the security cameras that are placed in that route stopped working for a couple of minutes. So, we can only rely on that one clip."

You quirked an eyebrow, 'Is that your doing, archer?'

...

No response.

You sighed, he must have done it.

Ms. Suzuki crossed her arms, "That's not a lot of proof in all due respect, sir."

The detective, named Tsukauchi, sipped his tea before answering, "For your information, ma'am, we did scour through the whole neighbourhood. We even caught two victims with fish scales, claiming that someone who resembles (L/N), attempted to attack them near the long abandoned Emiya estate."

You felt bad, this Tsukauchi guy and 'Eraserhead' dude both had very deep eyebags, indicating lack of sleep. They probably had not slept for a while, especially the hero dude. And second of all, two victims?! It was more like they were the culprits!

"It was out———" you muttered out loud before getting stopped.

<(L/N), please don't say it's out of self defenc——>

The detective turned to you, "What did you say?"

You coughed into your own hands, "I said, this topic is out of my expertise. I never was there. Hehe..."

Eraserhead sent a suspicious glare at you, "You have a tattoo."

Your eyes widened.

... the command seals... you forgot to conceal them...

People could only get tattoos at the age of 18 or above in Japan. You weren't 18 yet!

"It's a fake one." You smiled through the lie.

"You don't look 18 to me." The hero replied.

The smile on your face was gone the moment he said that. There was no way you were getting out of this unscathed.

<It seems that they are deeply suspicious of us... There's no point in hiding anymore.>

'You sure, Robin?'

<Yea, better out and admit it now before they force it out of you.>

You took a deep breath and sighed, "Fine, I am the suspect. You happy?"

Ms. Suzuki gasped in surprise.

"...sorry." You squeaked out, unable to look her in the eyes.

"Bu..but I swear it's out of self defence!" You added on.

The detective let out a chuckle in relief, "You're not in big trouble if you're worrying about that. We found out that the men with fish scales performed countless crimes before this, so we never believed them to be the so-called victims."

You looked at them in shock. The audacity!

"So it was all just some rouse to get me to admit to it?!"

The detective scratched his neck and awkwardly chuckled, "Yup. I apologise for that."

Clearing his throat, he continued, "The real reason we're here is to ask you about your quirk, which we believe to be the cause of the extreme red glow that is present in the clip."