Chicago, Chicago (2)

Emerald

Ruby texted on her phone frantically, making me laugh. Probably some little boy she was texting. "I'll be back." She jumped up out of her seat, off to who knows where.

"Hush, Melanie." I spoke softly to my baby girl sticking the pacifier in her mouth. She was about 5 months now. I remember it like it was yesterday that I found out I was pregnant with her.

Ever since Melo and I had sex that whole weekend, I had missed two of my periods. At first I didn't think much of it, who would? No, 18 year old girl likes getting her period anyway. But then, I started throwing up in the mornings, and eating weird shit I didn't even like.

My sister, Ruby, stood in the bathroom staring at the pregnancy test. She was excited, she couldn't wait to have a little niece or nephew. Her ass had baby fever from following all those baby pages on tik tok.

I, however, was the complete opposite.

She turned around smiling widely, making my heart instantly drop. "Congratulations!" She ran up to me hugging me tightly. "When are you going to tell Melo?"

I shook my head, "I'm not." Melo was just in the news, he'd been seen out with a girl on multiple occasions and it was rumored that they were dating. I wasn't going to ruin that. Plus he never hit me up after, I wasn't finna be that girl.

"Hey, Emmy!" I turned around seeing Zo walk up to me with an Aunt Annie's cup in his hand. "Hey!" I smiled, getting out of my chair to hug him. Surprised to even see him in Chicago.

"You must have a game or something." I asked but he shook his no. "I'm actually here for uhhh .. my boy birthday." His eyes trailed to the baby in the stroller next to me.

"I didn't know you had a baby." He sat down looking at her. She now had her foot in her mouth instead of her pacifier. "She's adorable, how old is she?"

"5 months." I smiled. "Her name is Melanie."

His eyes flickered for a moment, he was obviously thinking about something. "Is she Melo's?"

I pulled my lips inside my mouth nervously. I wasn't expecting that. "W-Why?" I managed to stutter out.

"She favors him." He spoke. "And I know you guys.. you know." He trailed off.

I honestly didn't think Melo told anyone.

"And you named her Melanie. I don't think that's just a coincidence." He chuckled. I didn't respond still in shock of how he pulled it together so quickly.

"Why haven't you told him?"

I put my head down staring at the rings on my fingers. "I mean he never hit me up after. I thought I was just a one weekend thing." My shoulders shrugged instinctively. That was part of the truth.

"Is that the real reason?"

"What are you getting at, Lonzo?" I snapped.

He sighed staring at me, like he was deciding if he was gonna drop a bomb on me or some. "What?!" I semi-yelled anxiously.

He held his hands up in surrender. "Imma tell you the truth." He paused for dramatics. "Ruby dm'd me and told me everything."

"God, imma fucking kill her."

"I've known about the baby since you found out you were pregnant Em and she's been keeping me updated so I know you're not lying on Melo. I did the math and everything and I know you're not that type of girl anyway."

"So, does Melo know?" My eyebrows furrowed, and my heart felt like it stopped beating awaiting his answer. "No, I think you should tell him."

I sighed a sigh of relief, because I wasn't going to tell him. I was set on raising my baby all by myself. "But,"

"But what?"

"If you don't," he shrugged leaning back in his seat. "I will. Because he deserves to know." And with that he got up walking away.

-
shiieeeet what would you do?
Vote, Comment, y Follow !
My highest voted imagine has only 196 I think 🥺 wit over 25,000+ views if y'all don't like me just say dat !