CHAPTER 15

Maze

I was pacing around the hospital hall with my dad, Ivan and Milo Dawn's brother waiting for the doctor to come out.

A few minutes later the doors open and the doctor came out scratching his forehead and a look of disappointment in his face.

"My deepest condolences Ms black but Ms Addams didn't make it, we did what we could but it was too late" he said, I felt my world crumble and spin around. I felt arms wrap around me keeping me from falling on the floor. I held on to my dad as I cried my eyes out, I felt a deep pain in my chest that I never thought I'd ever get the chance to feel again.

"Shhh it's alright sweetheart, everything is going to be alright" I heard him say as I kept on screaming in pain. She's gone.

**************************

Today was Dawn's funeral, that day at the hospital we asked the doctor to see her one last time but they refused saying that a member of her family had already signed a privacy contract with the hospital forbidden anyone to see the body.

So now we were standing in front of the already buried grave, her name was carved on the headstone.

"Dawn..." I whispered, I laid my head on my father's and cried silently. I felt a hand touch mine without seeing who it was I just held it and hid my face in my dad's neck.

I didn't know what to do or how to feel, I was walking with Max and Milo back to the car when my stomach started to feel unwell.

"Are you okay?" Milo asked, I tried to answer him but my words were stopped by me running behind the car and throwing up whatever I had in my stomach.

"I don't know what's happening Max, I've been sick for the past week" he gave me a weird look but didn't question it.

Back at the house, I went straight to my room to change and rest. I didn't feel like doing anything so I called Ivan to keep me company, it didn't take long for him to come to the house.

He knocked on the door and leaned on the doorframe, I gave him a weak smile and patted the spot next to me. He took off his shoes and laid next to me.

"I'm sorry Ivan..." He wrapped his arm around me and I laid on his chest as he rubbed my back for comfort. I felt him kiss the top of my head as I started to drift to sleep.

It's been months since Dawn's death and Ivan has been keeping me company and taking care of me since I found out I was pregnant and I know who the father is. This poor child will be fatherless.

"Hey babe, how are you feeling today" I was sitting in a booth when Ivan sat next to me. I smiled at him.

"I'm doing alright, this little devil is driving me crazy" I said rubbing my belly, my stomach was obvious and it was starting to get heavy.

"You know maze, I've been thinking..." He started, I leaned my head on his shoulder and waited for him to continue.

"Since you're pregnant, and I care about you and that child so much. I- I don't want this kid to be fatherless and I was thinking, maybe... Maybe we can get married to give him or her a better life" he finished, at this point I was speechless I had no idea how to feel or what to do and I didn't answer him either. I just grabbed my stuff and left the Café. How dare he suggest that, I don't want this kid to be his, I don't want him to take Dawn's place. But, I can see where he's coming from... Maybe this kid will need a normal family.

As soon as I went home, I grabbed my phone and stared at Ivan's number. Should I do it? I sighed and pressed call.

"Ivan? You're right..."

*************************
This is a very short chapter but it's just to put things in place for the events that are coming next. Hope you enjoyed it! (Probably not lol)

I love you!!

-S