CLAIM-036

BONNIE
ALVAREZ

"You thought you were my daughter, right?" my own father said as he slowly approached me with bruised fists in the museum after the gun shook in my hand.

"I have your aim, dear father," I stepped forward, not being afraid anymore, I aimed the gun at him.

"I didn't want children, your mother tricked me into all of this and I made Maddox's mother to put her in care as punishment," he confessed with a sinister smile, "then I made you a victim of rape and hid you from Maddox all along since you were only the witness of the key, I should have killed you," he declared when his face got closed to mine and I didn't want to hear him talk.

"See you in hell, dad." One trigger was all it took for the leader of the mafia to go down.

By his own daughter.

Maddox's hand on my cheek returned me to earth when I gazed into his dull gray eyes.

"You were out for a hot minute, you okay?" he asked uncomfortably and I nodded as I coughed a bit, one of the agents hit me on my chest pretty hard but I managed to pull him off of me with my leg.

Maddox stood up as he held on to the metal when he wobbled from his bruised sides but I made sure to wrap his head with the white cloth after sanitizing his wound.

I didn't know why I felt protective over him, when I saw how the two agents ganged up on him, my fast reflex got the distinguisher and smashed their heads with a force I didn't know I had, all I knew was that I didn't want Maddox to die.

My revenge was done for and finished successfully.

I averted my eyes to the awakening of Charlie and Maddox realized that too when Charlie stood up.

"Where are you guys going?" Charlie slurred out his words and I wanted to bash his head in for being a traitor. I used to think that he was loyal but all he thought about was himself.

"We are going to get the treasure and you won't be a part of it," Maddox stated smugly and I stood up to see him in clear view.

"Are you ditching your own brother for a Bonnie?" Charlie retorted, "you said that she isn't even your type," he taunted and I was too smart to let any of his words affect me. I was pretty much in my father's gang but secretly.

Out of sight, out of mind.

"Fuck off, you're lucky I didn't kill you," Maddox snapped, his eyes blazing at Charlie who broke his trust but Charlie placed his hands in his pocket.

"Nobody is going anywhere, if I am going down then everyone is going down." He smirked as he pressed something on his pocket making the ground shake.

He was going to destroy us with him in the museum, Maddox didn't hesitate to grab my hand as Charlie sprinted to the room for the treasure.

"We need to go the room before he does," I rushed as I heavily breathed from the amount of dust that spiralled out from the statues.

"I know Charlie, this is his ploy to distract us and go with him," Maddox stated, "he won't even have time before the skeletons collapse on him, we have to get out of here." He shouted and we both ran off to the entrance but a huge statue came in front of us as the ground began to shake even more.

So that was what my dad talked to the owner about. They wanted to imprison us here.

My senses tried to reach for something we could escape through as my hand squeezed Maddox's hand. From afar, there was a truck that had new statues. We needed to take that risk.

"Maddox, look," I pointed to the truck and Maddox immediately thought what I was thinking, he seemed doubtful but we went with it.

I ran to the truck as the mini statues were crushed to the ground and my balance was not on my side since the ground wasn't all that stable.

Getting into the truck, the key was in the ignition but it wasn't starting.

"Come on, please." I cursed under my breath as I kept turning the key a multiple of times before it came to life. The old rusty truck moved forward when I closed the door and Maddox stayed on the side.

I pressed on the petrol hard enough for the truck to advance in full strength as it made a loud sound and I laughed at the thrill of driving fast remembering when I drove the motorcycle after I was raped.

It felt like freedom.

The truck crashed the statue in half and opened the whole entrance at once, the other small statues breaking from behind as I coughed out the dust that got stuck in my throat as my hands shook from my nerves and the pressure on my leg grew but we made it.

Maddox came through the entrance but as soon as I went down the truck, Charlie appeared with two medium treasure bags proving Maddox wrong.

I stood up in front of Maddox when Charlie aimed the gun and pulled the trigger but Maddox grabbed me from my waist and pushed us both on the side to the ground.

"You bastard, I spared your life and you try to kill me," Maddox raged when he stood up in all his glory, Charlie laughed menacingly as he played with his hair.

"Well, Maddox, you know my intentions right now," Charlie stated as he approached us steadily, "I got my treasure even without the stupid key and your plan went wrong." He arrogantly said but our attention was directed to one person behind him, I had to rub my eyes twice to believe.

"You stupid prick," the woman cursed when she put three bullets deep into Charlie making him instantly collapse, "That's for stealing my son." She added.

It was Victoria Vincent and the little boy that held her hand.